It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even Mcdonalds grill chicken can give you cancer!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
i guess im gonna have to start farming again if i want safe food

news.yahoo.com...

"Grilled chicken can cause cancer, and consumers deserve to know that this supposedly healthy product is actually just as bad for them as high-fat fried chicken," PCRM president Neal Barnard said in a statement.

Even a grilled chicken salad increases the risk of breast cancer, prostate cancer and other forms of this lethal disease," he said.

mod edit: added external quote tags, please avoid one liner comments on the source you provide, present your thoughts and opinions.
Quote Reference (review link)

[edit on 29-9-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Here we go again. There is nothing left for us to eat anymore. What is truly left thats safe? Dosnt seem like theres anything to eat or drink that they havn't messed with.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
Here we go again. There is nothing left for us to eat anymore. What is truly left thats safe? Dosnt seem like theres anything to eat or drink that they havn't messed with.

My sentiments exactly!! Folks,eat and drink what you want. If you listen to the "deathtors" (Doctors), you believe that everything is going to give you cancer anyway.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Honestly, McDonnalds is NOT a good place to eat at. Why do you even express surprise at the fact that McDonnalds products could give you cancer?

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Aside from McDonald's and Burger King, the chains named in the lawsuit were Chick-fil-A, Chili's, Applebee's, Outback Steakhouse and TGI Friday's.

This is my major problem, Its Chick-fil-a, Chili's, Applebees, Outback, Burger king and Tgi.

So what is left.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
well this kills my dinner plans....

I was going to have chicken and spinach and potatoes....well at least I can have the potatoes. Ill skip on the cancer and e-coli main courses though

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The "deathtors" tell us:

Don't eat sugar
Don't eat salt
Don't drink milk
Soda water is bad for you

Blah,blah,blah...Folks,we are taking advice from people who on the average die twenty years younger than everyone else!!! Does that make any sense? It doesn't to me.

[edit on 29-9-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
mmm McCancer. delicious.

I actually stopped eating McDonalds after watching super size me...but of course it didnt stop me from eating Wendys...so ... maybe wendy needs to come out with a video showing how fat she got off her pop forcing her to eat his food...or something...

But yeah. If i wanted cancer id smoke. eating for it kindasucksalot

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The things that are the worst are foods with Transfats. Since fried foods contain fried oil from that method of cooking, it is covered with transfats from the cooking oil. Transfats are in many supermarkets products as well. Most likely, if it isn't fries or cooked breaded food from a restaurant, then the transfats should not be too much of a problem.

And most of the time, food companies put too much sugar in their products.

People need mostly sodium(salt) and only some sugar for what the body needs.
If it is hot and the person sweats more, they then will need more sugar than usual.

Also, I think the sale of smoking products should be outlawed and banned from stores and public areas. It is a major reason for the demise in the human fight against cancer.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Maybe Australian McDonalds tastes different than the American one. I actually enjoy it, I don't eat it alot but I do like it or else I wouldn't eat it (obviously). The burgers here are from farms and aren't as messed with as much as America, they've also changed alot of other stuff so it's less messed with. I also hear it's less oily than the American McDonalds.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar

I totally agree. Live life for today as you don't know what tommorow will bring. I eat what i want, smoke and drink sometimes. I will start to worry about suck issue if and when i get i encounter them otherwise i follow the saying in the 2nd sentence of my post.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Lets see PCRM = Peta the very same individuals who said beer is better then milk for children
Yeah right well that was until several other groups not sure which ones exactly, but think Mothers against Drunk Driving was one who threatened them with law suits and suddenly those adds went bye bye.

Just consider the source run and buy two T Bones med rare and enjoy life, statistics show you have little if any risk, in fact undercooked chicken is far more dangerous.

[edit on 9/29/2006 by shots]

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The first time I had ones of those Chicken things because I thought it was healthy I could not eat it.

Actually I can not eat any of their burgers or others.

They are disgusting, the bread is get so soggy and nasty and the chicken looks like has been vomited all over with the sauce the put in it.

Is not appealing to senses. nasty, nasty.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
PCRM does partner with PETA on some issues of common interest but PCRM is not PETA.

They have however, received $592,000 in payments from the Foundation to Support Animal Protection (FSAP).
FSAP is is co-chaired by PETA president Ingrid Newkirk and PCRM president Neal Barnard.

www.sourcewatch.org

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
PCRM does partner with PETA on some issues of common interest but PCRM is not PETA.

Sorry I did not mean to imply they were one and the same, however it is well known that PCRM and Peta were co founded by Ingrid and Bernard that is where the alliance lies. It is also known that FSAP has withheld information that confirms the same.

PETA has donated more than $1.3m to the organisation [4]. PETA is based in Norfolk, Va., and PCRM in Washington, D.C. However, there exists a third organization called Foundation to Support Animal Protection housed out of the same address as PETA. This organization's board consists in part of PCRM founder and president Neal Barnard, MD and PETA's cofounder and president Ingrid Newkirk.[5] The IRS form 990s filed for FSAP confirm that from 1999 through 2000 PCRM was a supported organization.[6] Since 2000, FSAP has declined to itemize its supported organizations. [7]

Source

As you can see we are essentially on the same plain and agree

[edit on 9/29/2006 by shots]

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DalairTheGreat
i guess im gonna have to start farming again if i want safe food

Well, as long as you don't cook any animals you raise before you eat them , you should be ok. PhlP occurs in any cooked meat.

Research Article (emphasis added)

Heterocyclic amines (HCAs) are mutagens/carcinogens to which humans are exposed on almost a daily basis. 2-Amino-1-methyl-6-phenylimidazo[4,5-b]pyridine (PhlP) is the most abundant of the various carcinogenic HCAs (present at a level of 0.56 to 69.2 ng/g of cooked meat or fish)...

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz
Well, as long as you don't cook any animals you raise before you eat them , you should be ok. PhlP occurs in any cooked meat.

I was going to bring that point up but I doubt the Pro PCRM/PETA crowd would agree with us.

Heaven forbide though, do not tell Peta and PCRM that they already know it , but prefer to make a bigger issue out of it then it really is.

new topics

top topics

join