It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Worst Games Ever!!!!!!!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
lost planet... no one ever plays it! it just does not the momentum of gears

im about to sell it

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Star Wars: Masters of Tera Kasi.

I hated that game so much...

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I just knew that I was going to read the name "ET" at some point in this thread. Give it a rest! ET is not by any means one of the worst games ever. That's just the product of misinformation plus the need to repeat what other people say just to fit in. If you believe this is the worst game ever, then I congratulate you because you haven't obviously seen *really* bad games.

This is a common association: ET = sucked = didn't sold = got buried. While it's true that it didn't got much sales and that ultimately it was buried (along with Pacman), it was only because two reasons:

1) It was a weird game for its time. It was complicated, so the critics of the 80s (and call them "critics" is an euphorism for what the videogame's scene was at the time) bashed it.

2) While ET was actually on the high-end regarding what you could expect from an Atari 2600, the console was 5 years old and it was old comparing it to the other consoles and computers from that time (in fact the Atari 5200 was on the market).

So by result they got many cartridges they couldn't sell so they buried them on the desert, and that was that. Many years later a legend was born that the game was buried because it was the worst game in the world. Not true. Anyone who plays the game will see that is not that bad as people say it is, and that there are a lot of games that were worst and actually did sale some copies. And you don't even have to go all the way back to the 80s to find bad commercial games, there are some examples in the present.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
all the World War 2 games

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Worst games I've bought are:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R - Delayed 5 years but still abysmal.
Battlefield 2 - the engine on this game just annoys me.
Quake 4 - ARGH.

But one that I didn't buy that stands out from the others:

Big Rigs: Over the road racing - ARGH

[edit on 12/11/07 by JimmyCarterIsSmarter]

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join