It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Band / Song recommendations!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
As you can see in my signature, I'm a Metal fan, actually a HUGE metal fan.
But fortunatelly I'm quite open minded about music... Ok, not so much, but I can accept many kinds of sounds.

Anyway, I made this thread to everybody recommend their favorite band, share our tastes and help others discover good music.

Since I'm the first one to post, here is mine:

Pain of Salvation

Great Band, Feeling, Lyrics. Recommended to everyone interested to hear more than good melodies! Specially their's acoustic album called 12:5 and BE (which has an interesting conecpt creation/destruction/recriation of GOD and Mankind).

Listen: profile.myspace.com...
+ Info: www.metal-archives.com...

Opeth

Agressive band with Guturals and great melodies too. Warning, it's really heavy, if you're not used to hear Death / Metalcore / Black Metal I suggest you to take it easy haha!
All their albums are good, specially the new ones: Ghost Reveries, Blackwater Park, Deliverance, Damnation (this one is special because the whole album is SOFT!)

+ Info: www.metal-archives.com...

Enjoy!

mod edit: Quote Reference (review link)

[edit on 16-9-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
More recs!

Something soft this time;

Red Sparowes

Instrumental Post-Rock band, mix of clean rock&roll riffs and calm passages, very relaxing and "trippy" (have no idea if this word really exists haha!), reminds me pink floyd sometimes.
Their last album (which is my favorite and it's how I discovere the band) Every Red Heart Shines Towards the Sun is VERY good, recommended to everybody!

+ Info: en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 22/9/2006 by tunin]

JbT

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Pennywise

Punk Rock, been around since the 90's. They are still going strong, and IMO, getting better with age... and new political topics to go off about.

Lets just say this, Pennywise has a bone to pick with the government, perfect fit for this sight.

www.myspace.com...

[edit on 22-9-2006 by JbT]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
My current musical passion is listening to and trying to play like Django Reinhart.
I realize it's an acquired taste but give this style of music a chance and it will make you happy. Other than that, I don't stray far from the Blues or Coltrane.

top topics

join