It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exif data

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Hi.

I used ExifPro to export this data from a photo

001;9/6/2006 4:28:47 PM;1/60;2.8;Normal;0;Pattern;Unknown;Flash fired;8.0;-;100;Normal;2048 x 1536;654 KB;C:

What events could the date 9/6/2006 represent? I'm pretty sure it is not the date the photo was taken.

When it was taken off the camera? Burned to CD?

Is there a way in ExifPro to obtain the date the photo was taken?

thanks, any help is greatly appreciated

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
That is either the Date/Time the photo was taken, or digitized, which are usually the same date and time.

www.exifpro.com...

Its best you ask the creators of ExifPro, not us.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Yay! Someone replied!

Thank you. That helps.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nextguyinline

I'm pretty sure it is not the date the photo was taken.

It could be that the time settings for the camera was wrong when the picture was taken? The time is attached to the picture file somehow. I know the time settings on my camera gets "out of sync" when I replace the battery. Just a thought...

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Typically, from what I understand, the date is supposedly the date that the picture was taken. However, it is possible to modify the image to change the date. For example, the EXIF data may be modified to display the 'Date Modified'. So unfortunately, the date in the EXIF data may not be very helpful at all in the end.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
If you deliberately set the time in your camera wrong, i.e. in the future, you can have a picture which was taken in the future but modified yesterday...

new topics

top topics

join