It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Magic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
TheBandit795

Both are evil, so summoning demons is like summoning Charles Manson or some serial killer, except that demons are much more evil. Demonic influence is what makes men such as Manson evil....demons are the force that drives such killers to commit their heinous crimes. In fact, I think Manson dabbled in magic...not sure of this though.

So, if you would not want someone like Manson in your company you shouldn't summon demons because you will be getting something much worse.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by half_minded
Do you guys believe in black magic or any other kind of magic in general. Know of any stories of black magic affecting people?

Well, HM, I don't know if this is the answer you are looking for. A lot of other people here have much more interesting and fanciful answers than myself. I can, however, promise you that you're getting as unbiased an opinion as you'll probably get here. As with anyone here, you should take my answers with a grain of salt, and balance them against what your instinct tells you.

1.) Magic exists, but it's no different than any other force of nature. Gravity, radiation, etc, all exist. It is neither good, nor evil. It is neither white, nor black. It is simply a poorly understood force that in time will be referred to as another field of science but for now is relegated to the farthest, most frayed corners of credability. Regretfully, this is mostly due to the fact that the people most inclined to practice it (or say they do) are often nutters, who would be considered wierd even without the aid of paranormal means.

2.) Much like a sharp, pointed stick, it is not the stick that has morals, but rather the person using it. What determines a positive or negative effect of a spell/ritual/prayer, etc, is the intent modified by the method of implementation. If you need a hole to be dug, is that white or black intent? If the hole was meant for a body, does that change things? One might ask where the body came from in the first place, or how the hole will come into being. Will you use the stick, in your hand, to poke at the ground and break it up to make digging easier? Or will you use the stick to threaten someone else into digging the hole? Will the body be that of a freshly stuck pig, to feed your family, and it is a baking pit, or is the body that of the person you are forcing to dig the hole? There's no ethical dilemna, nor moral imperative to magic, but rather in the 5 W's that surround any situation. Who? What? Where? Why? hoW?

3.) Usually, what you can accomplish with magic, you can accomplish by mundane means much more quickly and easily. There seems to be a fanciful thought that once magic is learned, one may sit back and relax and delegate chores to magical winds and beasties. On the contrary. Try using magic to do housework, and you'll find a very messy house indeed.

4.) As best I can tell, magic, prayer, ritual, meditation, chanting, etc, are all various means to achieve the same goal: redirecting energy towards a specific end.

5.) Before you fully condemn your aunt, ask her about what she does. Often times meddlers are seen as good-for-nothings, when in fact, they are actually trying to help those who don't want their help. Some people see their talents as an obligation to try and make the world a better place. This doesn't mean they are actually doing more good than harm, but if their heart is in the right place, then often they can be convinced to take a different approach.

6.) As for a spell having been cast on you by someone. Ask them, to their face, if possible. You will almost certainly know right away. Seeing the face of the person who cast something upon you, in a dream, is rather common. Especially if they fell asleep in the middle of the casting, or didn't finish up before going to sleep. I learned that one the hard way. However, the sheer shock of having your castee walk up to you and ask if you cast a spell on them is usually too great to manage a convincing lie.

7.) There is also the possibility that the person who cast it on you meant no ill will, but rather their implementation of trying to cast on you brought about a negative effect. This is most often seen when the caster neglects to get the permission of the target of the spell. If your permission was not granted, by the way, that's pretty much an automatic out. It may prove difficult, but I've yet to see a spell that could "stick" very long to someone who did not at least tacitly give their acceptance of it. Your body's own... wossname... "morphogenic field", for lack of anything better to call it, will eventually reject anything you do not accept as a part of it. This is part of the reason for the saying about how curses cannot affect those who do not believe in them (the other being psychological in nature).

I hope this helps.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
To clarify a bit, I wasn't implying that color plays no part in magic. I was only implying that magic is magic. To say that black magic is bad and white magic is good is misleading in my way of thinking. Certainly there is magic meant to do harm and there is magic meant to benefit others, but a beneficial spell gone wrong can inadvertantly to much harm.

I also believe that there is not necessarily a line of demarcation between white witches and black witches - that is to say that I don't believe that there are people who can only do evil and people who can only do good. I believe that there are some great people who have done some harmful magic and some not so great people that have certainly been helpful. To use words like black and white implies that there is a clear cut difference in the types of magic used and in the types of people who practice it. That has certainly never been the case in my experience.

How about a good person who calls down rain upon a forest fire by magical means?
It sounds good on the surface and no harm is intended. That last time I saw it attempted, 3 towns flooded. I can't look at this and call it white or black magic. I simply call it a mistake.

How about a spell to bring back a lover? Sounds helpful and nice. As many of you know though, its a big no-no and not a bright thing to do. Still I can't say the spell is black or white.

I guess I just see some grey areas.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Magick is Magick. Just as Electricity is Electricity. The use of Magick and the use of Electricity are much the same. Either can be used for good things or bad things.
they are a sourse of energy that can be used and manipulated. It is the user that
is completely and totally responsible for the intent. It is the user that determines Good or bad , magick or electricity is just the tool.

turn to god..

Which one? Actually if you are having negativity problems You might have better
results with the Goddess.

or maybe the colour of the underwear

This would be difficult as most that I know across the spectrum of Euro-beliefs and practices work either skyclad (usually in private) or wearing a simple robe( as near to skyclad as the law allows, (public))

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Well What Now,

Point taken and a very good point indeed. you are right in what you are saying. I misread what you were trying to get across, and like you stated repsonded in grey way. What you posit is shown to be true in our exchange, now thats something to think about eh?

Thanks for the kind reply and I hope I never came across wrongly to you either, just seem to find so many untruths on this subject across the modern world, and it can lead young and impressionable minds astray.

WWW really try and get hold of "the life of milarepa" a fantastic read with some information I have never read anywhere else, stating exactly what you have above. What was remarkable about this documentated case was that he was a very "black" (for want of a better description) magician of the highest knowledge for many years, did much wrong with his power, but eventually became one of Buddhism's highest realised master of the other kind!

Kind regards and much love and light.

Elf

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
essentially magic is feeling energy and using that to direct the feeling/energy in a controlled manner...

The use of certain movements, charms, idols, artifacts, etc... is not how magic works at all... the use of those things are only beneficial when you can feel the energy, and how those things affect it.

Thats the downfall of most practicioners(sp?) ... They rely on their 'tried and tested' methods and feel no 'new' energy...
just because one thing works does not mean it is iron clad.
You require to feel the energy... and SOMETIMES certain things stand out to one 'feeling' energy, and those items have been considered magical, but they are not... they are just instruments, what is made is magical, or important.
Therefore one could say everything around you is an instrument for magic, if you tune yourself to feeling its energy.. and you can channel that energy....

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
This is a damn old thread but I want to answer the original question asked.

I met a lady in her forites in south east asia who, according to the family, was affected by black magic in her teens or twenties. I met her at her mothers house where she spent her days. She was very "out of it". The mother called her out of the bedroom and she just looked around at everyone, was introduced, showed almost no emotion, nodded hello's, then went away and said almost nothing. It was a Chinese family.

I was told by my partner at the time (it was her family), that this cousin or something of hers, had a Thai man when she was younger. She then told this man she didnt want to stay with him and he was very angry, performing some kind of "black magic" on her and since that time, she was always in this "blur".

I have absolutely no idea how true this is, what else could have caused her bizarre behaviour or if she was already like that before she met this man. She didn't seem mentally handicapped or anything, just really really out of it. My partner told me before we met her that I would be meeting someone "affected by black magic".

I'd love to know more though.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Thanks to my faith in Jesus the Christ, I don't fear these things, despite the fact I don't practice them as a result of common sense.

Magic can be either of two things:

1. The most common is a bunch of stupid people who psyche themselves into experiencing something, which can warp into #2, or be used as a gateway.

2. The less common but still happening involvement of the powers of Satan and his evil forces.

Either way, both are bad ideas. Come to learn about Jesus and the freedom from such things He gives.

I rebuke those of you who dabble in the occult, and are possibly possessed even without knowing so, and I rebuke the temptation and desire those of you practicing, dabbling, or trying (or have even tried) to use "magic" in the name of the Lord Jesus, whose name is more powerful than any such "magic" may be. Demons and evil be gone by the power of Yeshua!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Magic is real. There are many forms of it; white means it is being used to help those around you while black is for selfish reasons.
Magic is merely harnessing the energy of the universe for specific goals. We are all made of the same energy, the entire universe is. If you can learn to make yourself one with that energy you can influence the world around you.

I noticed someone mentioning how to find out who has put a spell on you so I will say this once. Get olive oil, a bowl and a fish but before you do anything you must clear your mind then put the oil in the bowl and cut out an eye of the fish and place it on the olive oil. In the eye you will see the face of the person who has placed a spell on you.

Blessings in the Light,
B

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebeast87
Magic is real. There are many forms of it; white means it is being used to help those around you while black is for selfish reasons.
Magic is merely harnessing the energy of the universe for specific goals. We are all made of the same energy, the entire universe is. If you can learn to make yourself one with that energy you can influence the world around you.

I noticed someone mentioning how to find out who has put a spell on you so I will say this once. Get olive oil, a bowl and a fish but before you do anything you must clear your mind then put the oil in the bowl and cut out an eye of the fish and place it on the olive oil. In the eye you will see the face of the person who has placed a spell on you.

Blessings in the Light,
B

Seriously? Are you going to fall for this pagan act? The only path practicing "magic" aka interacting with demons and thus working for Satan himself leads to is that of the grave. None of these actions are of you, they are of forces of evil you can't understand. Only when you shed your selfishness and desire for power will you be in a place of righteousness, even more so when God reveals His love and sacrifice for you.

To quote the wisest man ever to live, the God-man, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."
Matthew 16:23 (NIV)

I pray that you will find truth rather than this foolishness. God loves you all, and so do I.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by joesomebody]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by half_minded
Do you guys believe in black magic or any other kind of magic in general. Know of any stories of black magic affecting people?

I believe that it works, but may have a scientific explanation. I am attempting to share my experiences and technique with other people on ATS for peer review.

It's a shame though, because it seems like most people are not willing to even try.

They ask for proof, while not willing to try it themselves. Perhaps you will be willing to try!

I've given two phrases/words and told what I did to... alter someone else's behavior. Be careful where and when you do this, as some members have pointed out that they considered the other person to be a victim and that it may have been an actual crime. That fact doesn't bode too well were someone who tried it to end up on a Jury trail with videotaped evidence of them.

My thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by thebeast87

I agree with your first paragraph.....not so sure about the fish stuff in the second one though!

Regardless, for those with a magickal bent, there are quite a few simple ways to protect yourself. Practically all Ceremonial Magicians, for example, perform daily banishings, which establishes such protection, among other things. Most use a version of the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram, while others use the Star Ruby ritual, or both. Instructions for the former can be found in Regardie's "The Golden Dawn", and instructions for the latter can be found in Crowley's "Magick In Theory and Practice". Both are available online.

For newbies, the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram should be learned and perfected before working with the Crowley ritual. The Rose Cross ritual (also given in the Regardie book) provides additional protection as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join