It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi from Los Angeles-New at ATS.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Hi fellow ATS members. I've been visiting this website for a while and now I finally have the courage to start joining the threads. I've always been interested in the general subjects discussed here at ATS, ever since I first saw a UFO. I'll tell you all about that one in a second. For the curious let me tell you about myself. I live in Los Angeles, 37 years old, play electric bass 4-6 string, work in the music management/representation industry, love science and am always curious and seeking to learn new stuff.
I have seen UFO's on three occasions durring my life.
The first time was in the southern cental area of the Yucatan Panninsula in Mexico. The sighting was around 1:00 am. I was 9 years old, my family was sight seeing for 2 months around the entire central american region visiting Olmec, Mayan, and Aztec ruins. We were staying at a hotel near the Mayan ruins of Uxmal. The hotel was a small motel like thatched roof spot located on the side of the highway in small village of about 100 people. The hotel was there just to house tourists or researchers as there was no other point of interest anywhere else in the immediate region. The hotel sits abut to the jungle which is very thick and spans out in every direction with just the one highway running strait as an arrow through it. I couldn't sleep so I decided to look out over the jungle. My sister was sharing the room and was soundly asleep when looking out the window I saw a bright deep red orb of light zoom (est. 100-150 MPH) perfectly level about 50 feet over the Jungle canopy. THe ball although glowing had definant dimensions of roughly 20-25 feet in diameter. THe glow was solid (not flashing,blinking or occilating) bright reddish orange and illuminated the canaopy brightly like a street light all around the object for at least 200 feet. No way it was an aircraft in my opinion including drug running aircraft which wouldn't be able to land on the highway-they put up poles every few hundred feet or so to break the wings off landing aircraft, and the thing was going perpindicular to the highway.This first sighting got my attention to UFO which I had never had an interest in before. The second time I saw one was when I was 14 and on a family trip to Sedona, Arizona. My sister and I were standing out on the patio of out motel watching one of Sedonas famous lightning storms. The sky was very clear, lots of stars out. Clouds were on the horizon shooting huge arcs of lightning across the sky. Suddenly something that resembled a formation of either 5 or 7 (both of us can't recall) star like objects-light blue and about the size of modest stars winked in seemingly very high overhead. After a few seconds they winked out and reapeared almost instantly on the other side of the sky in the same formation. My first reaction was to think 'I didn't see that' but then my sister exclaimed 'holy s*** did you just see that!' we both got freaked out and went back inside the motel in a fright. Niether of us sleept that night. The motel was located on the Sedona mesa just next to their local airport. We were looking in the opposite direction of the airport so we don't think it was related to the airport at all. We were visiting a Hopi tribal elder who lived in sedona the next day, I told him about it and he just smiled and said 'oh yeah that happens every night here.'
THe last sighting happemed in 2003 in Los Angeles. I was in the back yard and was watching the night sky. I was watching what looked like a satellite( seen those before, was watching cause you almost would never see one in the sky inside the city) traveling very high up from the horizon by the ocean heading inland. suddenly the thing winked out and reappeared in a streak nearly over head. Then slolomed(sin wave) giving off faint blue sparks. It straveled from horizon to horizon in about 30 seconds,was dim light blue and faint. It was heading towrds Edwards Airforce Base. Wierd. Please comment.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Welcome BASSPLYR!

There are lots of handy tips available in the Handbook of ATS Links.

Here are some Smokin' BBQ Threads (Important Website-Related Topics).

Configuring your MyATS page is the easiest way to put the ATS universe at your fingertips.

Be sure to check out Social Issues on PTS. I'm sure you will find the atmosphere to be friendly, enlightening, and rewarding.

Here's an excellent little, unobtrusive spell checker, in case you need one: IESpell 2.1.1 build 325

A convenient text editor also comes in handy when composing those epic posts: EditPad Lite.

Oh, and vote for the Automotive Forum.

Grady

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS BASSPLYR.
Thanks for the intro

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Yeah Spelling, Never quite mastered it.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

That 3rd sighting seems to be the genesis of your current take on UFOs; they're 'our's' and if you care to pay attention and post up at the right time/spot near Edwards, you'll see these UFOs on the regular, no?

top topics

join