It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

International Solidarity Movement (ISM)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
www.homelandsecurityus.com...

With the motto 'by all means necessary', this terrorist group is actively recruiting young adults from around the world. College and University campus' are a favorite target of theirs for recruitment.

The report at the link is too long to quote from. It has pictures and information on the terrorist group. Also is a brief discussion on how allowing this group on college campus' (a group that claims to be a peace group but obviously isn't) violates 18 USC Code 2339a

www.law.cornell.edu...

I'm not a lawyer so I don't know if that law is violated by allowing them on campus. If there is any support of them, then there could be a violation. I'm not a lawyer so I don't know.

I had never heard of these people previous to this report.

I'm posting this for those who may find it interesting and for parents of college age kids to be aware of. Heck .. also for those who post here who are college age.

www.homelandsecurityus.com...

[edit on 9/13/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Homelandsecurity.us has proven to be an extremly flaky site IMHO.

Looking up this organization, it seems they're a typically loudmouthed left-wing activist organization, I haven't found anything referring to them being an actual terrorist organization.

My guess would be a boutique radical organization vs. a very paranoid right wing website is the real dynamic here.

EDIT: per Wikipedia the organization describes itself as a "nonviolent resistance movement", though they have been falsley accused at various times of terrorist acts, and terrorists apparently have falsely claimed to be with ISM as cover.

In otherwords, as usual, homelandsecurity.us is making stuff up.

[edit on 9/13/06 by xmotex]

join