It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Dinosaurs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Bear in mind we dont know anything about what they would look like or be built like or the environment. I was just saying far larger creatures could exist just as the blue whale on earth today is larger than any of the land dinosaurs. I realise the ocean environment makes size less of an issue but what do we really know about about an alien environment or the conditions it might arise in.

In fact I see no reason at all why an ocean world in the right conditions of course couldnt have for an example a jellyfish type creature several times bigger than anything on earth.

I concede that if Aliens had bone structures similar to earths the size restrictions will probably be about the same as well but in my mind it's a big "IF". I still dont get why everyones convinced life will be so similar to here I would expect it to be completely unique it could be far larger or far smaller.

Using the common biologys of earth to make predictions about size limits is speculation the fact is we dont have enough examples to predict anything.
Although some shapes especially in water like the sharks do make sense and I'd like to think evolution would eventually end up there but again for all we know evolution on another world could come up with a completely different solution for the same problems.

Dinosaur type creature are as much a possibility as anything else though.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Yea, I had a rather old book from around 1992 that covered this.
Altho they touched it a little, thats what a reseacher came up with on how they would look like.

Original Topic:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

They looked like a mix between a raptor and a human really.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Shamanator, you are right in what you say.... we can only but speculate. However we can also make educated guesses at what may or may not be the case on other planets. Even though nature likes to experiment, there's only a certain number of solutions which can be used to effectively solve any problems which may turn up, environmentally. Given that the laws of physics, chemistry and such apply as much here as elsewhere, you can expect the same or similar things to happen in those other places, all things being considered.

There most likely are environments and situations on other planets where the life will look like nothing seen here, for sure. But given Occam's Razor....... the simplest explanations turn out to be the correct ones....... nature will use tried and true methods given the same or similar conditions, no matter what planet it's on.

Just thinking about ocean planets.......can you imagine a giant squid like creature 1000 feet or longer. Just imagine the calamari you'd get out of it!!!

new topics

<< 1   >>

join