It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN scrolling orange alert?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
They are scrolling orange alert, but not saying why. Is it because of the 9-11 anniversary? inquiring minds want to know.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I don't see anything.

Is this confined to CNN? Was there a verbal announcement? Is it repeatedly showing as an Orange alert?

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
But, what is the orange alert supposed to mean? Emiment Terrorist attack?

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
never mind...old news

sorry to intrude, carry on

[edit on 10-9-2006 by masqua]
adding...

I'm not seeing anything new on Google, but there certainly is some old stories when using 'cnn' and 'orange alert'.

[edit on 10-9-2006 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I believe if you saw an "orange alert" on CNN then it was in reference to the aviation terrorism alert in the U.S. It's just in regards to aviation and not the general terror alert, which I believe still remains at "Yellow" or "Elevated."

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
BUTTTTTT, cnn DOES NOT explain what kind of orange alert it is in the scrolling marque...... which is why I posted it..... ahhh, the politics of terror- thanks Rasputin13. You are correct- it was just an aviation alert- Now for the new question..... In what previous years did we have an aviation alert for 9-11? 2002? 2003? 2004? or 2005?

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
cnn, fox, etc all scroll the news and periodically it will say the alert. rest assured, it means nothing. NYC has been on orange alert since they switched to colors. Before the color system we were on "probably happening here, not by you and we don't know when"

I like the color system. I try and match my clothes to the alert. sadly, we're always orange so I tend to look rather pumpin-like all the time which isn't good, unless it's halloween.

new topics

top topics

join