It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im buying a norinco SKS....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Chai Vang demonstrated the SKS' fit for purpose, I'm sure you'll enjoy its killing power

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by XphilesPhan

buy it buy it buy it! you wont regret it. i have a norinco and its been so good to me. never gave me a problem.as far as accuracy goes, what more can you ask for?, one cool thing about it is that you can customize it in so many ways... if you ask me, i think it was one of the better weapons i've bought this year.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by XphilesPhan

I've had an Norinco sks for 9 years that I purhased at a gun shop. I ts hard to find a good magazine for it. I ordered a stock for it from Cabela's the stock was great but the magazine never worked. The Norinco SKS has to have a different mag so it can hold in the slot.I did find 1 at an armysurplus store but it was plastic and its not all that great. Plus make sure that you cahnge out some internal parts for superior se lik gas chamber and etcetera. Goodluck.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
One thing about the SKS - it was built to work. They can't be beat for price even though the ammo is creeping up there. My only suggestion is to saty away from Wolf ammo. Its loaded in steel casings then the steel is sprayed with a type of lacquer to prevent rusting. This lacquer melts when the round is fired and fouls up your bolt, barrel and receiver alot quicker.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
I have my mind set on buying one of these rifles in the next few days and I was interested on opinions from SKS owners or even those who have fired them.
Especially those with expierence with the Norinco rifles. I thinks its a model 56 milled on russian equipment in china.

opinions please?

Excellent Weapon! I will vouch for it 100% I bought one for 100.00 (brand new) back in the mid 90's and it was one of the most accurate rifles (straight out of the box) that I have ever shot.
I have read posts here in the past that dont agree with that assessment on accuracy, maybe that had a bad gun, i had a good one or they were just bad shots but mine was very nice and a blast to shoot..
I later put a dragonov style composite stock on it, which made it a lot more bulky for what i like but it didnt seem to hurt its performance..
I sure miss that gun, lost it in a divorce

I didnt realize this thread was started in 06 lol

[edit on 1/6/2009 by Kr0n0s]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join