It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran unveils locally built their new fighter plane based on F-5s (check this out)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
seattlepi.nwsource.com...

According to that website, Iran have claimed that this new aircraft is similar to USN/USMC Hornet (F/A-18s) but is more powerful...

Yeah right...

Chaoic out...

[edit on 9-9-2006 by Chaoic_Black_Dragon]

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Not that I'm all for Iran, but why cant it be better than the f-18? Does the fact that its a middle eastern country automatically negate any chance it has from being good? IMO it's probably not as good as the f-18 but I'm just saying you shouldn't automatically be like "yeah right". Give it a fair chance. Anywho I'm kinda glad that Iran's doing this. Not because of the "now we can beat the us" idea, but just because it proves that you dont have to be like this huge global power to make some weapons instead of importing all of them.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Topic already covered here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by truttseeker
Not that I'm all for Iran, but why cant it be better than the f-18? Does the fact that its a middle eastern country automatically negate any chance it has from being good? IMO it's probably not as good as the f-18 but I'm just saying you shouldn't automatically be like "yeah right". Give it a fair chance. Anywho I'm kinda glad that Iran's doing this. Not because of the "now we can beat the us" idea, but just because it proves that you don't have to be like this huge global power to make some weapons instead of importing all of them.

Because F/A-18A/B/C/D have been very successful in many missions, but I apologize if I act like that for a while, but I just got tired of some country saying "it is better than F/A-18 series" if it was NOT tested in any of battle.

UNLESS if that Iran's new modified F-5 can prove that these are very reliable and good in battle, then it will change my mind. I have huge respect for Russia aircraft, because they have proven to have an excellent aircrafts, and the same thing goes for Europeans, America and another countries that have sent their aircrafts into dangerous missions before.

I hope I make sense, and I don't like it when some country that built a new aircraft and claim its better than someone's aircraft that have been gone through many aerial combat missions.

And no, I don't intend to bash any country's aircraft, but if I sound like that, then please pardon me for that.

However, for your information F/A-18C/D have superior air performance, can turn more agile than F-5, have higher maximum airspeed, and finally, old Hornet carries weapons loading twice of F-5E, so I don't see how that Iran's tweaked aircraft can be better than F/A-18C/D in any of way. That is why I am 'slapping' Iran for saying that, However, according to another topic that discusses the similar topic to mine, thank to chinawhite for pointing me that. However, that topic have updated information that Iran have reputedly changed it from an f18 to an f5, and yes there is a good potential in that Iran's new aircraft that can be superior to original F-5E, but can NOT be as good as F/A-18C/D Hornet or new F/A-18E/F Super Hornet.

Chaoic out...

[edit on 9-9-2006 by Chaoic_Black_Dragon]

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Iran Corrects Claims Over New Fighter This Time It Is An F-5

Tehran: Iran announced on Thursday it has developed a new war plane -- named the "Azarakhsh" (Lightning) -- which it describes as similar to the American F-5. "The Azarakhsh fighter jet has been completely manufactured by Iran and it is comparable to the F-5 fighter jet," Brigadier General Javad Mohammadian was quoted as saying by the state news agency IRNA.

Iran on Wednesday had announced the development of a war plane named "Saegheh" (Thunder), which it described as similar to the American F-18 fighter jet.

DefenceTalk.com

The fighter you posted is apparantly called the Azarakhsh.

I think the fighter they are refering to is the shafagh

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Wow, I actually like the look of that plane. Thumbs up to Iran

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   
that aircraft looks Looks more like a Trainer/Light Attack aircraft to me.

Chaoic out...

[edit on 10-9-2006 by Chaoic_Black_Dragon]

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Shoot, if it can fly farther than 300 miles with a combat load it's already outperforming the F-18s.
The Hornet is a perfect example of the "Jack of all trades, master of none" that is the multirole fighter. It carrys lots of weapons and dogfights well, but can't go anywhere without a tanker to help out.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
A previous thread... www.abovetopsecret.com...

already exist on this topic. Please direct your comments there.

Thread closed

[edit on 11-9-2006 by masqua]

new topics

top topics

join