It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War holds political risk

page: 1

join
share:
Ox

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
With mid term elections just around the corner, Bush is touting his war on "global radical islamic extremist terrorists" and it's a risky move. With his credibility at stake the President is focusing on all terror all the time, rather than some of the more demanding issues at hand.

ne ws.yahoo.com
"We learned the lessons of Sept. 11," Bush said Thursday in the latest in a new round of speeches on the subject. "We're working to connect the dots to stop the terrorists from hurting America again."

"Republicans have ignored the lessons of 9/11 and failed to make America as safe as we can and should be," Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid of Nevada said on Thursday. "They want to stay the course in the face of failure. We won't. We'll change course in Iraq."

Republicans have little choice but to make the war on terrorism their central theme, Luntz said. "They have to, because this is their one area of strength. This goes to the core difference between the two parties and their visions. If you can't communicate a core difference, what can you do?

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

As I said.. with the November Elections creeping up, this is a risky move by the Republican party to choose this as a central point for their arguements, It hasnt done them any good in the past and I'm sure it wont do them any good this time around...

With other points the Republicans could be focusing on like, Border Security, The Economy, Gas prices or Immigration laws, they are choosing their to play their old game. It's all terror all the time, terror scares, scared people vote for the people that think they are going to help them.. Unfortunately this is how they were voted in last time.

The related link I added is in regards to Richard Falkenrath the head of New York police dept's Counter terrorism department claiming that NYC is still a major terror target from "Radical islamic extremists" including "hezbollah". Hezbollah has made no claims or taken no action toward America and has no interest. This is what I mean by all terror all the time.. It's the propaganda machine running at full tilt toward the Elections, to make people afraid.

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.c om

[edit on 10-9-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
So, I guess the global radical extremist terrorists are OK then?

If you don't vote Republican, terrorists will kill your dog.

If you don't vote Democrat, terrorists will kill your cat.

It's all the same fear-mongering, let's look at all the violent crime in the US, which kills more people than "terrorists" will ever accomplish.

[edit on 10-9-2006 by Jamuhn]

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   

...the President is focusing on all terror all the time, rather than some of the more demanding issues at hand.

There you have it.

BBB.

Ox

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
And that's all it is.. And I think the saddest part is that it's been all quiet on the home front until the Election stir.. I could probably dig up several news articles in less than a few munites that just spew out propaganda.. Headlines such as "Cheney Defends WhiteHouse hard line views" or "Rice says America Still not safe"... Which doesnt really make sense seeing that Bush just went on tv not a week or so ago and said that "Al Qaeda has been defeated" with "minor cells still remaining" and when the public didnt buy that.. They try to scare us again..

new topics

top topics

join