It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blair to Resign!

page: 1

join
share:
Ox

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
British Prime Minister Tony Blair says that he will reluctantly resign within a year....Stating that he wished he could have done it his own way.

news.yahoo.com
LONDON - Prime Minister
Tony Blair reluctantly promised Thursday to resign within a year, hoping that revealing a general time frame for his departure will appease critics who are calling for him to step down.

Labour loyalists urging Blair to leave office soon — or at least announce a departure date — have grown more vocal in recent weeks. Their protests have been fueled by widespread anger at his handling of the recent fighting in the Middle East and anxiety over Labour's slide in the polls.

White House spokesman Tony Snow said Blair and Bush still had a lot of work to do together.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well it's about time. One good thing happening in the world of Politics at least.

I'm sure Tony Blair and Bush had a lot of work to do together, Arranging terrorist attacks isn't easy. Now if Bush will just follow in Tony Blair's footsteps and step down, But well know this will never happen.

The British people can ONLY benefit from this.. And I suggest the American people start the same sort of stir in their own government if they want to see a change.

Tony Blair has not given a resignation date yet, although British parliament is calling for one.

This is a good thing.. Let's see how it pans out.. I'll follow this story as more comes..

Related News Links:

Blair to quit within year
Blair and Brown: British politics' stormy marriage
Blair's Statement on resignation plans

Much thanks to "DontTreadOnMe" for the added links

[edit on 7-9-2006 by Ox]

[edit on 7-9-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
He will resign in a year. Yeah right. I will give him three more months before he is forced from office kicking and screaming. It will be interesting to see what comes out then. I have been saying for years that Bush had the CIA get dirt on Blair to blackmail him into going along with the invasion of Iraq. But be that as it may, he will be history before Christmas.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Getting Blair out of No10 will bad enough, getting the wicked witch out will be a nightmare just think of all the people that will end up in A&E after being battered with her broomstick

Ox

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Probably a reasonably good assumption.. You may be right.. I hope so.. It will definately turn the tide of things.. I hope that whomever is his predecessor can take control of things and do it correctly.. Removing the troops from Iraq and leaving Bush to do the same.. I think that the next British Prime Minister needs a backbone and to stand up against Bush and pathetic policies..

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I knew about his new two days ago I wonder why it took this long to make it to ATS.

This is big news people, I wonder if they are true or just speculation.

I will like to know from our UK membes if is something going on with Mr. Blair that we don't know in this side of the ocean.

I like him.

Ox

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Blair is an idiot.. Much like Bush.. Blair recieved scrutiny over his part in the war in Iraq and various other things mentioned in the links provided... The difference is.. Britain has the backbone to stand up against their war mongers... And they dont let them change the law as they see fit... If someone in Congress would mention the President resigning it would probably send him through the roof... Someone needs to say something

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Great...evil tony is going and we will get Bilderberg Brown in his place.Look forward to more death, torture and oppression from the Greedy,lying backstabbing,undemocratic regime that is sending Britain down the tubes faster than Thatcher ever could.
Great.
Oh,on radio 4 today they were saying "if britain has a 911 Tony will stay till the end of this term(2010)."
Wonder if tony has thought about that?

[edit on 9-9-2006 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   
That depends on whether Brown ever manages to get in now, with all that has gone on there is a real chance that the Blairites will put a challenger forwards, and even if Brown does manage to get in he will have to put up with constant backstabbing just like John Major did after Thatcher was given the boot

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   
he'll be gone by Christmas, i dont think he has the support to stay to May and complete 10 years in office. its unlikely. the main problem is, we, the public want the next Prime Minister to call a general election straight away (remember the next leader of the labour party will not been elected by the public for the premiership)

Ox

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
If Britain is lucky he'll be gone by Christmas.. Unless there is some amazing "terrorist" attack before then, that will keep him in office no doubt..

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
When have I heard this before? oh yeah, last year.

Does anyone honestly think his replacement is gonna be any better?

People in britian tend to forget that our problems will not go away by removing Bush. they seem to forget how different American politics are. If Bush goes, guess whose yo daddy now?

Cheney. I.E., Satan. Remove him, and you get the Speaker of the house.

Does anyone really think brown is gonna do any better than Blair? When will people realize that Politics is 5% action (usually very bad action) and 95% rhetoric and BS?

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I support Blair, i think he was great our country and should carry on. Heck, he should keep going in my view

news just in, hell has just frozen over

lol

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Blair offered to leave before, when they kept him on it was hard for him. He maintains his nobility well, and has taken blows to his honor because of such. But it has only increased his image as who he is, and I think of him no less. Tony is a great man and has always, put the welfare of others w a y before himself.

Of course I am an American and it may seem odd my support for him, but it is there and has always been.

When he gives his WORD, he stands by it for better and worse, sounds awfully binding said that way, but that is the vows of his integrity. He stood by Bush, because he gave Bush his word, and that was the factor that made it all change.

It wasn't the popular thing to do, but he did it, and that alone should grant him no less respect.

Blair preserves his family name, and I for one commend him for his determination and courage to face the whole world, while sticking to his guns. He was and has been the best man for the job, and in my opinion none other could have filled those shoes and better, bar none.

They should have let him go when he first offered, it is their fault, and none should fall upon his shoulders. He would bear that weight though, and I fear he may...

Sorry Blair, it is a shame, but not on your part.

Ox

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I think you're on the right track.. and there was a chance.. (Slim) that Tony Blair could have been a good leader.. But he was taken by the dark side with Darth Bush and Cheney.. And fell into that nightmare.. And now he's paying for it.. Oh well.. His choices dictacted these actions

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
I have been saying for years that Bush had the CIA get dirt on Blair to blackmail him into going along with the invasion of Iraq.

well, if they did then it most likely had something to do with the dunblane massacre story that you DIDN'T get to hear about because it was d-noticed (a 100 year gag order on the press) by blair. now, a quick search on google of certain keywords will show you what that story allegedly is, and if you know of the documentary 'conspiracy of silence' then you will be able to put two and two together and figure out how they got this alleged dirt on him.

Originally posted by marg6043
I knew about his new two days ago I wonder why it took this long to make it to ATS.

i did mention this on the 6th in my thread here (halfway down page) and also what i think is likely to happen. people should be alert to who will succeed blair because it won't be gordon brown.

new topics

top topics

join