It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matt Damon the new Captain Kirk?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Seems director J.J. Abrams wants Matt Damon to play Captain Kirk in his upcoming Star Trek movie.

Will MATT DAMON get beamed up? Could happen. I'm told J.J. ABRAMS is very interested in casting the Oscar-winning Damon as a young Captain Kirk in the upcoming 'Star Trek' movie that he's directing and producing. He's so interested that he's apparently already sought support from the original Kirk, WILLIAM SHATNER. "Shatner gave his blessing," my source says. "J.J. got his approval."

Link

You have to trust the director, but I'm just not seeing it. Star Trek certainly doesn't need name recognition to rake it in at the box office, but Damon starring as Kirk will be off the charts. I can't wait to see the final product. Spock should also be an interesting casting choice.

Peace

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Matt Damon .. he has a reputation for not being too bright. Then again .. Shatner had that slow halting speech. He could mimic the original Captain Kirk rather well I think.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
How about Ben Affleck playing Mr. Spock to Matt Damon's Captain Kirk?

It sounds stupid at first, but I think it actually could work...

Baack

PS: and then of course, you've got to have Dr. McCoy portrayed by Jason Lee.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:00 AM
link   
i seriously cant think of anybody that can be any better at being spock than leonard nimoy, but there is one who might be able to pull it off and thats hayden christensen or whatever his name is.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 03:54 AM
link   
i thought about it and the first choice i had for spock was so bad that i think all star trek fans would hate the movie. so i thought about it and thought about it and the one i think should really play spock is josh hartnett. look at him, hes got the same facial features and just about sounds the same as leonard nimoy. so screw hayden christensen and give me a hell yeah for josh hartnett.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Good Will Hunting meets the Trekkies?

Never pegged Damon in a Star Trek movie. I guess I could see it working. I've always been a fan of unknowns coming in to fill a role after some big names held it. Bond is normally filled with a new name when they change actors.

Superman and Batman prequels introduced relatively new actors into their starring roles.

I can see it working though.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Spock ?
Hmm lets see who can't show emotion, Is always logical and acts like a stiff plank of wood ?

Yes that's right Keanu Reeves

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by joadco
i thought about it and the first choice i had for spock was so bad that i think all star trek fans would hate the movie. so i thought about it and thought about it and the one i think should really play spock is josh hartnett. look at him, hes got the same facial features and just about sounds the same as leonard nimoy. so screw hayden christensen and give me a hell yeah for josh hartnett.

GOOD CHOICE! If he was interested, he could fit in the role very well. He has the dark hair to play a vulcan, of course wigs can fix that.

top topics

join