It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

small price to pay?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   
i came across this site today as it was mentioned as a news story on www.netscape.net

seems to me that a one-off payment $34.95 would seem a very small price for ats staff (within restricted limits) to pay for all future use of this service when investigating some of the stories (or people) mentioned on this site. especially when investigating things that show up every now and then like the serpo hoax etc

anyone think its a good idea?

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
i came across this site today as it was mentioned as a news story on www.netscape.net

seems to me that a one-off payment $34.95 would seem a very small price for ats staff (within restricted limits) to pay for all future use of this service when investigating some of the stories (or people) mentioned on this site. especially when investigating things that show up every now and then like the serpo hoax etc

anyone think its a good idea?

I don't think that this is a good idea. Your suggestion would put ATS right there with the NSA and the rest of the agencies that people complian about most here. How are you going to get any information without correct names and addresses for people anyway?

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
I don't think that this is a good idea. Your suggestion would put ATS right there with the NSA and the rest of the agencies that people complian about most here. How are you going to get any information without correct names and addresses for people anyway?

well, thats why there should be a restriction on who is allowed access if ats were to pay for it but look at it this way - how many ats mebers search for exactly the same type of information on google and come up with SOME results. look at the amount of times information has been found that proves or disproves a hoax or truth of a story because somebody found that one bit of useful information. sometimes it takes a lot of searching and if there are legal means available then why not use them? it saves going to the library to find the same info for some things.

im not suggesting haphazard use of it - it should be restricted to a serious research area.

then, there is always the argument 'if you cant beat em, join em' meaning that if you dont agree with what the nsa does and nothing you can do will stop them from doing it anyway, then why not turn the tables and use their own tactics against them. if you are going to be stuck with this snoop society then why not use it for good advantage? its called competition and who knows what truths might get uncovered that they dont want you to know about?

new topics

join