It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paris Hilton's 'art' sabotaged

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Paris Hilton - famous star of sex on the net vidoes and errrr.. - has had her latest major opus sabotaged:

Hundreds of Paris Hilton albums have been tampered with in the latest stunt by "guerrilla artist" Banksy.
Banksy has replaced Hilton's CD with his own remixes and given them titles such as Why am I Famous?, What Have I Done? and What Am I For?

He has also changed pictures of her on the CD sleeve to show the US socialite topless and with a dog's head.

A spokeswoman for Banksy said he had doctored 500 copies of her debut album Paris in 48 record shops across the UK.

She told the BBC News website: "He switched the CDs in store, so he took the old ones out and put his version

news.bbc.co.uk...

Nice one Banksy - about time someone brought this vacuous trollop down a peg or two.

If she's going to be inane and rich at least she could do it quietly.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Paris quickly becoming the most hated person on the net.
Everyone on Youtube hates her guts.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Go Banksy!

I'd love to have one of those CDs... not only will they be of interest in themselves, they'll be worth something in a few years, you can bet.

And I must say, Strangerous, he's done you a very nice avatar

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Yeah I know - it was very nice of him - do check his site.

I love his stuff, some isn't great for avatars but it's very clever provocative stuff - particularly the stuff on the Palestinian side of the Isreali wall, the kissing coppers, the rats etc etc.

If he wasn't an anachist graffiti artist I'd probably pay him!

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Oh, I think that with the book he's done, the exhibition and so on, he's probably doing all right for himself on the quiet. There was an attempt by the BBC's Culture Show to get an interview with him when the exhibition was on (did you hear about that? It had live rats running around the gallery) and I think he actually has an agent now.

I live in Brighton, and I'm pretty sure he's been doing stuff down here for quite some time now. There's a lot of cool stencil graffiti crops up in this town and there was some stuff in here that looked like his stuff, but was done way before he got famous.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strangerous
Paris Hilton - famous star of sex on the net vidoes and errrr.. - has had her latest major opus sabotaged:

Hundreds of Paris Hilton albums have been tampered with in the latest stunt by "guerrilla artist" Banksy.
Banksy has replaced Hilton's CD with his own remixes and given them titles such as Why am I Famous?, What Have I Done? and What Am I For?

He has also changed pictures of her on the CD sleeve to show the US socialite topless and with a dog's head.

A spokeswoman for Banksy said he had doctored 500 copies of her debut album Paris in 48 record shops across the UK.

She told the BBC News website: "He switched the CDs in store, so he took the old ones out and put his version

news.bbc.co.uk...

Nice one Banksy - about time someone brought this vacuous trollop down a peg or two.

If she's going to be inane and rich at least she could do it quietly.

wow. bansky is my hero. go bansky go! go bansky go! i wounder what ekse he has up his sleeve for people like paris...

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
so..whats the skinny on paris this week(small pun intended)

what i wanna know is,
what happen to good ole assasinations, there hasnt been a good on since kennedy(who i liked)

but i mean if only lik 30 percent of the us approve bush, an 99.9 hate paris hilton why doesnt someone just ..get rid of them.

(to protect myself,i state that i do not condone any criminal act such as murder of causing bodily harm to anyone)

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DalairTheGreat
so..whats the skinny on paris this week(small pun intended)

what i wanna know is,
what happen to good ole assasinations, there hasnt been a good on since kennedy(who i liked)

but i mean if only lik 30 percent of the us approve bush, an 99.9 hate paris hilton why doesnt someone just ..get rid of them.

(to protect myself,i state that i do not condone any criminal act such as murder of causing bodily harm to anyone)

well usually people who kill people go to jail. and dont see anyone too exited about going to jail.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Allegedly he's Paul Banks about 30 from Bristol. So Bath would be a logical 'canvas'.

It's interesting the reaction his work gets, the safe-sex clinic in Bristol loved the one that appeared on their wall and said they'd try to look after it.

Some councils etc are now actively listing his work for preservation.

Camden (london) is host to quite a few of his works that remain un-scrubbed. Westmister (london, the posh bit) removed his fantastic 'dead phone box killed by pickaxe with blood running out of it' (my title) within 2 hours of it appearing on a pavement.

Shades of Keith Haring IMO

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
That's funny...

Couldn't have happened to someone less talented and more worthless to society.

Paris should thank this guy. For many people it's the only time they'll ever give a damn about Paris Hilton making a CD.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strangerous
Allegedly he's Paul Banks about 30 from Bristol. So Bath would be a logical 'canvas' (Edit why the hell I put Bath I don't know, still Brighton's 'down south too').

It's interesting the reaction his work gets, the safe-sex clinic in Bristol loved the one that appeared on their wall and said they'd try to look after it.

Some councils etc are now actively listing his work for preservation.

Camden (london) is host to quite a few of his works that remain un-scrubbed. Westmister (london, the posh bit) removed his fantastic 'dead phone box killed by pickaxe with blood running out of it' (my title) within 2 hours of it appearing on a pavement.

Shades of Keith Haring IMO

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I LMAO when I saw it.
Anyway, are you still curious about how he did that?
youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
ohh woe is paris.

she sucks on levels that have yet to be discovered.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by tunin
I LMAO when I saw it.
Anyway, are you still curious about how he did that?
youtube.com...

That's freakin genius.
This guy has got some balls.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Here's a vid of the stunt forn anyone whos interested - Click

I dont see what is so brilliant and revolutionary about doing something like this. Its Paris Hilton, who cares what she does and if people like her? It's not even as if she holds any deplorable opinions. Shes rich "Boo hoo" Who really cares, why not ignore her? (Jealousy?) I Like Banksy but this is pretty lame and doesnt serve much purpose imo. Theres better statements to be made in art. Maybe I'm missing the point here though, if someone could explain?

[edit on 12-11-2006 by Xeros]

new topics

top topics

join