It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Games on Iran, N. Korea, and 10,000 targets in a day.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Ok, I had to do some digging, but this is pretty interesting. I don’t think that anyone has posted this before, if they have sorry, but they still are pertinent.

First off these seem less like “war games” but more like policy briefings/discussions.

The Atlantic Monthly ( a magazine/think tank that deals with political, international and other subjects has recently started doing “war games” to determine what can/should/would happen in various international situations. They get people with government, military, arms control, diplomacy or related experience to play the parts. In late 2004 they ran a quick briefing style scenario involving Iran. I have listed the initial article below.
www.theatlantic.com...

More interesting is the powerpoint briefing slides.
www.npr.org...

I would read the article first.

Interesting (although not surprising when you look at some of the participants) that their ultimate overall option for a president would be NOT to pursue a military option with Iran, although we may have no other alternative, which is in stark contrast to the game they ran about N.Korea. As frightening as this scenario is, they were looking more towards a military option. A particularly interesting note is that 100,000 casualties in Soeul is considered by some military planners as “acceptable”. What’s really horrible is no matter what happens in N. Korea (even if we don’t do anything and Kim were to just flip out) is how bad Soeul and S. Korea would get. I can’t find the power point on this one, but if I do will post it as well.

www.theatlantic.com...

Overriding all this, and announced since these “games:”, is the U.S. potentially setting up the ability to launch a global (conventional) strike, and hit 10,000 targets within a day or so through air strikes. This is primarily lined up for the Middle East/Iran-Syria, but could probably be set up against N. Korea as well.

iraqwar.mirror-world.ru...

Yeah, I’d say for those of you who think WWIII is around the corner, you’ve got a good point.

mod edit to fix quote links

[edit on 2-9-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
80 looks and no replies........?????? I am crushed.

Seriously, I know the articles and powerpoints are long, but they are very interesting.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Read the article on Iran and its a good one.

No good options here, its going to end painfully I think.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sr Wing Commander
80 looks and no replies........?????? I am crushed.

Seriously, I know the articles and powerpoints are long, but they are very interesting.

It has to do with your points if your new here and try and start a discussion--- well good luck on getting communication back. You get ignored by everyone with points very high up trust me alot of newbees have the same complaint.

as far as the war games go--- yes they are gearing up for something.

[edit on 3-9-2006 by Shar]

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
To me, it has nothing to do with the points the user has or the time he/she has been a member, also, I find it interesting that people post on their own threads about the number of views the post had, I never think of that, to me all that is irrelevant.

As for the content of the post, I must say I didn't read the nothing more than the date of the first article, December 2004.

As we are now on September 2006, I thought I could ignore it and see the rest of the posts first, but apparently this is only the second post.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Yes, the original articles were old, but I thought in light of the, "plan to hit 10,000 targets in Iran/Syria in just hours if not a day or two since the war with Isreal heating up was pretty relevant along with the previous war games articles.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
It was relevant and an interesting article.

Just long and kind of hard to respond to - although I agree with some of it's final conclusions. The US can't stop an Iranian nuclear program with airstrikes alone. It would require an invasion and occupation. And that is an unrealistic option.

"After all this effort, I am left with two simple sentences for policymakers," Sam Gardiner said of his exercise. "You have no military solution for the issues of Iran. And you have to make diplomacy work."

I can't argue with that.

[edit on 9/4/06 by xmotex]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sr Wing Commander
Yes, the original articles were old, but I thought in light of the, "plan to hit 10,000 targets in Iran/Syria in just hours if not a day or two since the war with Isreal heating up was pretty relevant along with the previous war games articles.

i've seen the same 10,000 targets in one day assault on Iran, maybe 7-10 days ago.

i looked at the dated article(on another site), waited for someone to submit this strategy as a thread....and i was surprised that it took so long to get its own thread.

basically...i think the members more or less 'culled' this item as just so much
Shock-&-Awe propaganda

on the surface, a 10,000 target attack of Iran's nuke facilities & bunkers & military ordinance
in under 24 hours is an awesome campaign & strategy...
...but if we didn't take 'em all out on that preemptive strike then the coalition troops in Iraq would get hit with them 40,000(or more) marytrs & suicide bombers that Iran says are ready & eager to 'do their duty'

Plus, world opinion would be totally against the USA, especially so soon after our supplying Israel in their genocide operation against Lebanon the Nation.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
They don't seems to say that from the CIA simulations themselves, this ``single`` attack against Iranian targets will kill at least 3 millions people!!! And after this, it will be a big resistance like Iraq. Imagine what the others muslims will think and the world when 3 millions people will die in a single day? It will be worse than Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
well i read the whole power point presentation, and i urge you all to take the time to read it as well. its is VERY scary. i bet before the the iraq war they had probably the same exact presentation.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by charliegrs
well i read the whole power point presentation, and i urge you all to take the time to read it as well. its is VERY scary. i bet before the the iraq war they had probably the same exact presentation.

This was not a government presentation so "they" did not have the exact same briefing. Any military presentation of options is far more detailed and exact. ATO's (air tasking orders) alone for a days worth of air strikes can run into the thousands of pages.

However; this think tank presentation written and evalutated by people who have held high government office, IS very enlightening.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
It has nothing to do with a members points, come on how f'n petty would that be. All members have been new here, so no that is not it. Also it takes more than a cursory glance at a threads material to be able to digest the info.

Not to mention, there are MORE lurkers/non members who read here, and some members not signed in. Give things time, hell even I have threads by the bundle that are not even replied to, to this very day. Probably because the material is out of their knowledge base, or says it all pretty well, from what I have been told at least.

Oh and by the way I am, one of those WWIII messengers. Just that I say the world wars never ended, just stopped being talked about...

new topics

top topics

join