It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top scientist's fears for climate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
source

Well yet another top scientist has sounded the alarm. This whole issue reminds me of the tobacco issue. Plenty of scientist saying it is true(tobacco bad for you), and a few paid wack jobs saying nothing is going on here (tobacco not bad for you).

"We are not talking anymore about what climate models say might happen in the future.

"We are experiencing dangerous human disruption of the global climate and we're going to experience more," Professor Holdren said.

He added that if the current pace of change continued, a catastrophic sea level rise of 4m (13ft) this century was within the realm of possibility; much higher than previous forecasts.

We should also call global warming = climate change, because more than warming is happening. Climate change was also mentioned on the 20/20 special a couple of days ago as the top of the list for danger to earth.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Surely these days it's not a case of 'is it happening?' but 'how bad will it be?'.

There were lots of jokes in the UK about gobal warming being 'good' as the climate there is so rubbish, but I think deep down there is much serious concern and it WILL become a key political issue in the next election cycle.

Now I've moved to Alabama where summer temperatures are quite-warm-enough-now-thankyou-for-asking, I hope the concern is as great; although all I've seen so far is an obsession with NASCAR and College Football

join