It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aug. 31/06...Princess Diana...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
was killed 9 years ago in Paris.....

Lolove and al the best to dear Diana in her travels... Blessings upon blessings !

Lets hear from you goddess Diana !

Ave Maria !

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 31-8-2006 by georgejohn]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I am so sorry but i did not see this thread.

She helped so many and did not care she could wear pearls and diamonds at any wave of a hand she preferred to be in the mix of things helping and trying to reduce landmines in worse off countries.

She was what made the United Kingdom so great, she showed the world what she was made of and didn't care what people thought of her.

Her amazing life and her work will never go unnoticed and she will always be remembered.

It is a shame her life was cut shot and in the manner of which she died. But god wanted her to be a angel of the heavens.

RIP. Diana Princess of Wales.

Oni x x

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
This cult of Di thing, I just don't get it.

She was a pretty but thick Sloane who married into a horrible family and was killed by the security services.

As for all the stuff about her doing a lotta work for chariddy, well... one of my friends works for a well-known charity, and he maintains that the consistent word on Diana was that she was there just for the photo-op and had nothing else to contribute (oh, apart from her "warm presence" at the bedside, of course).

Surprise surprise, among the people in the charity world who actually have to deal with the royals, Andrew comes out as a favourite: he's never late for meetings, is always very well-informed, and even has one or two rather good ideas. Nobody has a good word for the "people's princess".

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Well if you wish to discuss these feeling please do it in another thread not a remembrance thread. You don't share the same opinions which is fine.

But this thread is to remember what she did and celebrate her life. Not rub it into the ground.

Maybe if her charity work was just for publicity, she gave children and people over the UK hope. She was a sign of peace and respect.

Oni x x

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
This cult of Di thing, I just don't get it.

She was a pretty but thick Sloane who married into a horrible family and was killed by the security services.

As for all the stuff about her doing a lotta work for chariddy, well... one of my friends works for a well-known charity, and he maintains that the consistent word on Diana was that she was there just for the photo-op and had nothing else to contribute (oh, apart from her "warm presence" at the bedside, of course).

Surprise surprise, among the people in the charity world who actually have to deal with the royals, Andrew comes out as a favourite: he's never late for meetings, is always very well-informed, and even has one or two rather good ideas. Nobody has a good word for the "people's princess".

I do so wonder what charity your friend works for. Pray tell us. If not, why not?

I used to work part time for St John Ambulance which is still a charity. Yes, SJA has a commercial side and quite rightly so, but this supports all the events that you see SJA at - footy, rugby or cricket matches, fetes, regattas whatever; SJA also supports the SJA in the States who in turn help us to support the Arab only Eye Hospital in Jerusalem and maintain a prescence in Uganda and other African countries.

I left because of low wages but I know for a fact that at least one charity [Dr Barnados] moved their HQ from one premesis in London to another location, completely remodelled the offices after they had been built their their spec, recarpetted because 'they did not look right for our clients' and then gave their staff brand new cars and paid them mileage allowance.

Admittedly this was in the early part of the 80's and times have changed since then, but I wonder how many charities have done the same.

Princess Diana was clearly not everybody's cup of tea and I think she would be the first to admit that.

However, both she and Fergie paved the way for Royals to meet and get involved with issues such as mines, aids, famine and so very much more.

Diana did so much to raise public awareness of the plight of so many Africans who were dying of aids whilst Bob Geldorf concentrated on famine relief.

Diana was also instrumental is bringing about the first international forum on anti-personnel mines and I would like to think that her early work did much to bring about the outlawing of their us.

So I think my friend, that perhaps you should take a long hard look at your own life and perhaps criticise yourself before daring to criticise someone like HRH Diana, Princess of Wales.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I have absolutely no intention of telling you which charity my friend works for. He told me what he'd heard about Diana in the course of a private conversation and I have no wish to drag him into it beyond what I've already said. Either you believe me or you don't - it matters little to me. He's worked for three or four different UK charities in the course of his career and talked to a lot of people.

He did have some mildly amusing things to say about some of the SJA people, funnily enough, but I shall not mention them - apart from anything else that conversation was some time ago and I've forgotten the details.

Oooh... look at my own life. Gosh, now that you mention it, I am a complete and utter failure! I've NEVER done anything interesting or noteworthy, and I've never got my name in the national press. Oh, that's not quite true. Damn.

But what I'm about is neither here nor there. My only point is I'm sick of making Di into some sort of saint, which she was not. She was a human being like the rest of us, and did some good things (yes, landmines) and some not (no, not going to give any examples. You can think of your own.) But falling down and worshipping her - and the nauseating outpouring of grief that followed her death... it's a kind of sentimentality with which I have little patience or sympathy.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
rich23, I for one do not want to get in to a slanging match. I did say that Di was not everybody's cup of tea.

Yes, she did some good and we all know [or at least think we know] that she was bad as well. I guess that I liken her death to that of Kennedy as he was driven past the book depository on 23rd November 1963.

It has had much the same effect. Everybody knows that Kennedy was no saint and as I said earlier, Di was no saint either.

But it was the manner of her death that startled the nation and the world, as did Kennedy's. I think that is why there are so many conspiracy theories about both deaths and why we [the world] continue to debate such things.

top topics

join