It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am in school and I don't have much time, but I need info on hypnosis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Can it be used to sharpen focus. If so, can someone get me some info on this. My teacher told me that hypnosis is possible and can be used to sharpen focus. I need all info I can and possibly some links, products, articles, etc. I have been running googles since he said the info. But all I know to type is hypnosis and it keeps bringing up the tele-hypnosis thing, and It proved fake to me.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   

You are getting focused.

More focused.

TOO much focused! Unfocus yourself!

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Don't know if this will help much, but here's a couple of things to look at-

The Silva Method of Focused Thinking which has been around for awhile and has had some significant success. I'm not a practitioner, but I know some people who have used it to help their children improve in school. Here locally, one of the proponents is Fr. Justin Belitz, a Franciscan friar who runs a local center called The Hermitage. He's pretty well thought of in these parts.

You're right, there's a plethora of information out there, and this is just a very small example I'm providing.

You might also look into Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) and Psycho- Cybernetics. None of this is in the classic "spin the pocket watch", "look-into-my-eyes" making people act like a chicken stage hypnosis, but it might get you down the appropriate road for your search.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I know it's probably a little too late now, but...

Yes, hypnosis can be used (and is often used for secondary education ... even sports!)
Your best bet for expediancy sake would to arange an appoinment. Maybe 50$ and 1/2 hour to and hour in time. It would take much longer for you to learn it and work with yourself.

(EVERYTHING you experience, hear/read/see/fee is stored in the subconscious mind. In hypnosis you can easily recall that info and be given suggestions as to how to recall it at will later for test etc.)

Angela

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The simplist site on the subject, that may help you for school is howstuffworks. It's a great site, I got it to the article for you. Hope it helps you alot better.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
There are no hypnotists anywhere near me. I will try howstuffworks. The main reason that I wanted the hypnosis is to actually get a good education. I want to be smart but I have bad teachers and a short attention span. Maybe this will help.

[edit on 16-10-2006 by Arkham]

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I'd plump for Jose Silva, he's far better than Erickson, Bandler, Cameron, Hildegaard (the Neo Nazi Hypno Freakazoid), etc..

At least he plumps for the better and highly efffective Psychick Paradigm's unlike the other Realist's, bah humbug.

It's good for Accelerated Reading and Super Fast Learning's, as I type I myself I'm being inducted by some dolt's round the corner, simple.

Silva do a free course but their RV and RI courses are dear, I endorse the Silva Mind Control methods.

Ever heard of Jan Hanussen the Jewish Hypno of Hitler's, interesting.

Try Auto Genic Therapy.

[edit on 1-12-2006 by blingblong]

new topics

top topics

join