It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New David Lynch Film!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The unfathomable David Lynch will see his latest film "INLAND EMPIRE" screened at the next Cannes Film Festival.

"INLAND EMPIRE"

Will it be yet another Palm D'or for this great avant garde director?

Lynch, as usual, has been very cryptic about his latest work:

Titled "INLAND EMPIRE" (in capitals, though Lynch doesn't explain why), it stars Laura Dern, along with Justin Theroux, Harry Dean Stanton, Jeremy Irons and a host of others Lynch won't specify.

"It's about a woman in trouble, and it's a mystery, and that's about all I want to say about it," he comments diffidently.

Link to Article

Interesting to see Michael Paré make a comeback in this film. I love how Lynch uses actors that no-one has heard from in a while or people you would just never expect to see on celluloid (Remember Billy Ray Cyrus in Mulholland Drive?).

Here are some links concerning this much anticipated film:

www.darkhorizons.com...

www.joblo.com...

[edit on 29-8-2006 by Beelzebubba]

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Excellent! I love David Lynch's films, and always have. He can be so twisted and surprising, it is wonderful, and what has earned him such a great spot in my opinion. I wonder if he will be using Angelo Badalamenti for the soundtrack.

Angelo Badalamenti, loved that one since Twin Peaks. No one could have written a better Red Room song, imo.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Lynch's film has just had it's opening at the Venice Film Festival.

Article

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Lynch's latest is three hours long and he's going to distribute it himself! I can't wait, the gap is too long between Lynch movies. He can capture the way the mind and dreams work on film like no other.

article here

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   

"I learned that just beneath the surface there's another world, and still different worlds as you dig deeper" - David Lynch

In my opinion Lynch may just be the closest thing to an initiate of the Mysteries that the world of film has ever seen.

Through the darkness of futures past
The magician longs to see
One chants out between two worlds
"Fire, walk with me."

This verse, well known to all fans of Lynch could very well be the key to understanding nearly all of his films.

The suspension of normal laws of time ("futures past") and the existence of the magician between "two worlds", the world we know and the "hidden" world of the magi.

As well as exploring the inner workings of the human mind, Lynch is exploring the mystery that lies behind reality.

We all find this book of riddles and it's just what's going on. And you can figure them out. The problem is, you figure them out inside yourself, and even if you told somebody, they wouldn't believe you or understand it in the same way you do. You'd suddenly realize that the communication wasn't 100 per cent. There are a lot of things like that going on in life, and words just fail you.

The drama shows how how the divine process of change manifests itself to our human understanding and how man experiences it - as punishment, torment, death, and transfiguration. The dreamer describes how a man would act and what he would have to suffer if he were drawn into the cycle of the death and rebirth of the gods, and what effect the deus absconditus would have if a mortal man should succeed in his "art" in setting free the "guardian of spirits" from his dark dwelling. There are indications in the literature that this is not without it's dangers.

The element of torture, so conspicuous in Zosimos, is not uncommon in alchemical literature. - David Lynch in Lynch on Lynch, Chris Rodley, Faber and Faber, London, 1997.

Zosimos of Panopolis

Alchemy.

In Lynch's films are we subjecting ourselves to alchemical works similar to The Chymical Wedding of Christian Rosenkreutz?

Ioan P. Culianu saw the deeper meanings to Lynch's work and held weekly student seminars on the subject.

new topics

top topics

join