It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US declines Debate on TV, but...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ox
Uhh lets think about that for a minute.. to avoid another pointless war!

Just a guess.... To bring peace, diplomacy and democracy to the world.. without invading anyone..

And how would you propose to empower the people of the world to be entitled to representation with governments in power that will never relinquish their power over those people they opress?

Do you know what it is like to try to merely survive in a country where any negative comment you make towards the government would result in your death, sometimes a tortured death for the amusement of those who rule you, and your very words?

Intead of continually pointing out the negatives (and unfortunatly accuratley), why not devise some course of action, some plan, some suggestion that could prevent what is apparently going to happen?

I think i would strongly prefer America having chosen to debate, but we should choose wisely who would be doing the talking on the behalf of millions, if not billions of lives that this would effect.

Ox

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I agree completely.. America should have chosen to debate.... but.. then they would be choosing to lose and arguement that has plagued this country for 6 years now.. And choosing someone to debate on behalf of America.. well.. that's a tough one.. 1. The Iranian President wanted to debate Bush... And.... 2. Who would Bush choose to debate for him? Probably some government puppet that would say EXACTLY what he wants them to say....

And I understand about the dictatorships and what not.. But.. it seems the Iranian President has a very high approval rating... The people like him..

I think the point I was trying to make is that.. The current American Government cant seem to bring "Diplomacy, Democracy and peace" without dumping a ton of soldiers on a country and destroying it. ... That's not Democracy... or dimplomacy.. or peace... that's fighting, terror and war...

Oh and P.S..... Your avatar is going to give me a seizure

[edit on 1-9-2006 by Ox]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ox

I think the point I was trying to make is that.. The current American Government cant seem to bring "Diplomacy, Democracy and peace" without dumping a ton of soldiers on a country and destroying it. ... That's not Democracy... or dimplomacy.. or peace... that's fighting, terror and war...

I agree, but it has been said before that war is the last step to diplomacy. But by refusing to debate, have we truly exhausted all other means of a diplomatic resolve?

I think we are both on the same page here, we both think not. 2 leaders talking verses tens of thousands dying. What are they thinking?

Oh and P.S..... Your avatar is going to give me a seizure

Um, i guess i could change it at some point, but i like it. It defines without words how i feel a lot of the time. But, alas, you may be right, i'll start considering new ones.

Ox

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Actually my comment about your avatar was meant in jest.. It's your expression

Ok.. so.. Youre right, we are on the same page.. But I HIGHLY doubt that we have exhausted ANY means.. Or tried any for that matter.. the American government DICTATED to Iran what they wanted.. like a playground bully.. And when Iran put it's foot down the U.N. was called in.. and America stomped its little bully feet and demanded to get what it wanted or it would take action.. Right now, America is being looked at like a global bully.... Bush believes that his war has been triumphant and believes that futher war will be too.. I believe he's wrong... And apparently so does most of the world's population

top topics

<< 1   >>

join