It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Road Ghost's - a purely British phenomenon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Just watching Richard and Judy on Channel 4 (UK) [-i know that's a phenomenon of it's own
] and they're talking about road side ghosts. They say it's just a British phenomenon but I'm sure I've heard stories from other countries too. You guys got any interesting stories?

Driving down the road at night in the middle of nowhere? Did you visit the site later? Was it near a graveyard or some other interesting site?

Another topic we can talk about, which I have to admit is what I thought they were going to talk about on TV, are ghost roads... seeing roads that aren't there.... I remember some road in the UK which is particularly prone to accidents where people have said they saw the road turning the other direction...

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   
hitchhiker story you mean??? its kind of a urban legend here. There's a town near me called Ashford and a ghost haunts one of the roadsides around there

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I remember hearing abut one of these in the Chicago area. Woman in white or something like that, not particularly sure of the details.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 11:45 AM
link   
i was watching that. and also they had a feature on salvia. its a very strange drug never taken it but seen lots of people do it on tv. very strange its like lsd but dope is illegal its all odd.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kurtcobainuk
i was watching that. and also they had a feature on salvia. its a very strange drug never taken it but seen lots of people do it on tv. very strange its like lsd but dope is illegal its all odd.

And because of Richard and Judy's show, guess where all the young dopers will be going shopping tomorrow.

I knew it existed and would have known roughly where to go to get it if I'd been inclined, but they gave it some prime time advertising and made sure the nation knew.

They pulled a similar stunt with the Anorexia thing the other day.

I'm sure they do more damage than good when trying to handle issues which are far better suited to Newsnight or somesuch programme.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 12:49 PM
link   
SabbyJ I agree with you, but I can remember seeing ads in newspapers for 'legal' drugs for a long time...

But anyway, the freaky thing is how many people were also watching Richard and Judy!!!

The story they had was:
A couple of women driving in a car down some country road (maybe near Northampton, UK) see a figure (seemed like a mirage) of a man in a white top with wide lapels and black trousers... They're quite shocked and return to the site with some researchers to find there is a graveyard nearby and the ruins of a church. Apparently they recorded an anomolously high electromagnetic reading, then talk about ley lines and pagan rituals...Anyway the story goes that a couple that had got married in the church in the 1800s dies pretty soon afterwards...

That's as much as I can remember....

So has anyone ever gone back to a site and checked it out to find something interesting?

new topics

top topics

join