It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran F-16?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Iran still has F-16 fighters?

According to some introducing out of web, Iran has ordered F-16 in 70's late, but I suspect that is true. If you know how many F-16s has been transfered to Iran, please tell us. The information of situation of that F-16s also are wellcome.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Iran does not currently and has never possessed F-16 aircraft.

Iran, under the Shah, did place orders for F-16's. However, the advent of the Islamic Revolution in Iran terminated the deal, and no aircraft were ever transferred.

Earlier this year, Venezuelan blowhard Hugo Chavez made public statements that he might sell his small fleet (21 airframes) of F-16's to another country because the US will no longer sell him spare parts for the aircraft. He mentioned Iran specifically because he knew that would get people talking.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Yes Pyros is correct no F-16's were ever sold to Iran by the US, and the ones Venezuela has are A and B Block 15 F-16's. And where did you get that picture? I don’t know what makes you think that is an "Iranian F-16", I can’t really tell.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Ok, please explain the photo showed for me, thanx very much
big
Are u sure there is no contraband?

[edit on 28-8-2006 by emile]

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Who is "F-Shammas"? He owns the copyright? I find this picture highly suspicious to tell you the truth, I’m leaning toward PS rather than a photo of a secret Iranian F-16.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
If you've seen my 'photo' of a Japanese Eurofighter Typhoon you would realise that this sort of thing is quite easy when you know how.

Otherwise it may be a one off, gifted by another country, but I doubt it. It seems more like a made up picture to me.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
How about someone painted a F-16 model in Iranian colours, put it in front of a model hanger, take a picture and then use photoshop to add the sky and background? The fighter and the hanger really look fake to me.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
It looks fake to me, sorry to say. The nose is not convincing.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by emile
Ok, please explain the photo showed for me, thanx very much
big
Are u sure there is no contraband?

[edit on 28-8-2006 by emile]

Sorry emile, but "NotheRaGe" is right ! That's a model built some time ago by someone called "F-Shammas" and posted at the "Aircraft Resource Center" ... a modeling forum !

Cheers, Deino

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Here's some of his work (please note how often his F-14 pictures are used to claim Iran's viability).

www.aircraftresourcecenter.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Yeah I agree that guy puts a lot of work in his models, they might be models but they and the scenery look pretty impressive to me, probably more so then the real thing.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
If nothing else then 'Fred' should be congratulated on his modelling and photography skills

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
the links doesnt work anymore. can you please send me the picture again

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Iran never got F-16s. Logiistics and maintainance equipment was starting to make its way over there at the time the Shah fell.

top topics

join