It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the flashing lights?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
If you were another species traveling to another planet, and you don't wish to comunicate or contact the inhabitants of the planet you are visiting, why oh why
would you have big pulsating multicolored flashing lights on your ship?

Why would you have a ship that looked nothing like the everyday aircraft we see in the sky so it stands out a mile?

If anyone did come here, surely they would have some sort of cloaking device
so they could come here and do their thing without being filmed then stuck on youtube.

Is it because they want to be seen?
Are they going behind our governments back to try and out themselves?
Is it because we're really just seeing aircraft that has been made on earth, and not
from out of this world?

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I don't know. Perhaps they want to show something off? :]

You know how it feels to be superior in almost every way. They like that feeling.

It's almost like Sim City for them. They have the ultimate control. x]

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Maybe they are not flashing lights at us. Perhaos what we interpret as light is the result of their propulsion, or any number of "their" flight functions.

To think their flashing lights must mean something to us, is to say that when a fighter jet kicks the afterburners, producing a hellacious "light" from the exhaust, they are just sending signals to whomever is behinid them. But it is not, the afterburned is all about thrust - no meaning behind it.

Perhaps they don't care if they are seen. Becasue they don't wnt to communicate with us, does not mean they care weather it's know they are here.

Outside the box.

Misfit

[edit on 27/8/06 by Misfit]

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I'm sure they have a false sense of security since they're normally invisible and will only show up on infrared scanners, existing on a resonance level that transmits optical light. However, when a ship is too low in our atmosphere for too long, it's brought to our resonance level and we can briefly see it. A typical UFO video shows the object becoming visible and quickly fading out.

I've been thinking the aliens and our government are one and the same. Since they can become human as well as we can, I don't think it's a big issue which species is in which saucer, but I'm sure some of them are human.

What's funny is how early primates had better infrared vision then us, as though our evolution were bent to make us oblivious to these objects and entities below the red wavelength. Just a thought

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
[removed unnecessary quote of Entire previous post]

If thats the case, i wonder if our early ancestors had regular contact with an alien species. Given the tons of cave drawings with descritons of ufos on them.

Out of interest how do you know about primates having infrared vision?

Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/27/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

Toc

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod
If you were another species traveling to another planet, and you don't wish to comunicate or contact the inhabitants of the planet you are visiting, why oh why
would you have big pulsating multicolored flashing lights on your ship?

Why would you have a ship that looked nothing like the everyday aircraft we see in the sky so it stands out a mile?

If anyone did come here, surely they would have some sort of cloaking device
so they could come here and do their thing without being filmed then stuck on youtube.

Is it because they want to be seen?
Are they going behind our governments back to try and out themselves?
Is it because we're really just seeing aircraft that has been made on earth, and not
from out of this world?

It has been said that when they change the travel speed from interstellar travel speed to more conventional speed to enter our atmosphere, there is a moment where they are visible.

They also might want to be seen, to slowly build the idea that there is other lifeforms in the universe. Remember that humans tend to react badly to big changes. One step at a time, is a more sure way to do it.

They surely have mechanism to bring the frequency of their ship up so our eyes can't see them.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I've always wondered about the color thing.

Not only do they have lights, but they have the same colors we do?

Or is it because we only know certain colors that we couldnt tell if they were different???

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Color is only a perceptual thing. Just the way our brain interprets light waves... For example, I'm pretty colorblind... A friend's dog looks hunter green to me (he's actually brownish). So no big mystery there...

The lights are a question though...but yes, perhaps more to do with ionization, etc. and propulsion.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Maybe they don't even know that we can see the light or know that light exists.
Most likly the litten ones are not aliens. Just something else or over active imaginations.
If the aliens didn't care about being see we most likly would see more. If they didn't want to be seen, I am sure interstler alien's technology would not be so ineffective.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Sneakazoid, I think that the question you asked is one of the top three most important questions. What are they for, if anything?

The lights are incredibly bright, according to observers. And they puslate and change colors. Red/green. If its a simple physical thing, it could be burning copper and iron. Or it could be ionizing oxygen and nitrogen.But anyway, it could be many things that are more complicated or even deliberate.

I think that is something that deserves a lot more attention in public forums, but I'm sure the experts have thought long and hard about it.

[edit on 30-8-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

top topics

join