It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Missiles Hit Journalists' Car in Gaza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   

CNN.com

GAZA CITY, Gaza (AP) -- Two missiles fired by Israeli aircraft early Sunday morning hit an armored car belonging to the Reuters news agency and wounded a television cameraman inside, Palestinian witnesses said.

The Israeli army said it was checking the report.

According to witnesses, the cameraman was filming an Israeli raid in Gaza near the Karni crossing when the vehicle was hit.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It looks like Israel is getting really sloppy with its attacks. Things like this in the news certainly don't help their image or cause.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Lessee, aircraft a mile or two out, spots armored car in an enemy war zone, rolls in, the signs painted on the armored car are difficult to read from a distance . . . launch missile.

Seems like an easy mistake to make from what I can see.

Perhaps newspeople would be safer driving around in a small car similar to what civilians in the area drive.

Standing by or riding in an armored car in a war zone is asking for it.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Perhaps Israel shouldn't blow up everything that moves. People are already very sensitive about Israel since their 1000+ civilian body count in Lebanon. Maybe they should actually verify what they are blowing up before they do it. As well, I'm sure Israel is completely aware that there are journalists riding around in armored vehicles. It seems to me that Israel doesn't like people knowing about its business and preferred to remove them the easy way, kind of like the USS Liberty incident.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The journalists knew the risks they were taking by reporting in the area. It just as easily could have been a terrorist IED that did them in. If you want to eliminate the journalist/UN observer/whatever else casualties, then don't even allow them in the area in the first place. Sure, it's sad that some more people died, but, like I said, they knew the risks involved.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Saw this reported on the bbc this morning, the Israeli's claimed the vehicle wasn't clearly marked yet the bbc showed it was a white armoured landrover with dayglo "TV PRESS" plastered all over it

link

[edit on 27-8-2006 by solidshot]

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Israel knows perfectly well that militants in Palestine don't have any armoured vehicles. Maybe the police but not any militants and anyway if you take a look at the Palestinian security/police vehicles and the ones used by the UN or the Media they are completly different and even have different markings and are usally a different colour as well usally white.

They destroyed and killed those journalists on purpose. I can't belive people are stupid enough to keep on beliving Israel's rubbish excuses.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by iqonx
They destroyed and killed those journalists on purpose. I can't belive people are stupid enough to keep on beliving Israel's rubbish excuses.

And I can't believe people are stupid enough to not expect there to be accidents in times of war like this...

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

Originally posted by iqonx

And I can't believe people are stupid enough to not expect there to be accidents in times of war like this...
I don't think anyone expects perfect records in times of war, it isn't a realistic expectation. But this was one really incredibly stupid mistake on Israel's part, who have already shown time and again to be careless with absolute disregard for civilian life. I can't blame people for being angry, can you?

top topics

join