It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd 'Voices in Head Story'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Hello

I read this a few years ago, but have just had my memory jogged by a newspaper article.

Sounds like a shaggy dog story to me.....only it's published in the British Medical Journal, which is about as respectable as you can get.

Still sounds unbelievable. Anyway....enjoy!

bmj.bmjjournals.com...

TD

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I lean towards the scientfic explantion stated in the thread The Voices In Your Head.

A basic explanation of which is

The Voices In Your Head
Originally posted by UK Wizard
The scientific model for hearing voices is designed around "mental models", the brain creates mental models to simulate things in the world around us, the ability to put yourself in someone elses shoes.

These mental models however can come to life so to speak, often through high levels of stress or mental anguish, the mental model speaking out as if it were a living personality of its own.

I believe there is alot to learn about the human mind, much of it beyond humanities current understanding.
In-depth understanding of the inner workings of the mind are lacking, if a person hears a voice in their head they try and explain it using their past experiences and knowledge.
Whether they believe it to be ghosts, people with psychic abilities or even aliens

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I used to hear voices all the time I have schizophrenia. Knowing from my own experiances that the voices are not real thx to medication. Auditory hallucinations can be correct sometimes but just because thier correct doesnt make them real. My own voices told me alot of stuff sometimes they were right sometimes they were wrong. The fact this woman had a brain tumor explains it all to me.

The woman had a brain tumor and just because the voices got luckey doesn mean thier real. The voices in my head got luckey about alot of stuff and thats why I was paranoid because it seemed like to much of a coincedence. A broken mind can do some weird stuff I know I used to live in a world filled with terrifieg hallucinations that I thought were real but were total rediculess to everyone around me.

I'm not a doctor but this tumor could have been affecting a part of her brain that caused severe disasociation. Where consciensly she was unaware of her condition but subconsciencsly she knew something was wrong.

Bottom line is the human mind and psyche can do some realy strange things when sick. When I was sick I thought the only explanation for the hallucinations were god. Now I realize it was something more physical like a chemical inbalance in my brain. I am now an athiest and have a new understanding of my condition.

join