It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cell phones,bomb threats,and airplanes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I've been thinking about the large number of airplane issues lately and then there was the group of men buying up cell phones. It made me wonder, is it possible that these "disposable" cell phones could be getting distributed and used to call in fake bomb threats on airplanes and at airports etc. ? After a considerable number of these threats it might just become so commonplace for there to be several hundred of these called in a day. Then what are the airports going to do? Surely they don't have the manpower or passenger patience for this,so they start to ease up on checking out the threats , then boom the threats turn real again. What do you think? I know that today alone there were 6 airplane related issues. I don't know if it's just because of the recent U.K. "plot" or what, but seems like alot of planes in the news lately.

[edit on 25-8-2006 by opinionsarefree]

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
It is unlikely they would ease up on anything. If anything, the more bomb threats that get called in, the harsher security restrictions are going to be, the more disruption to normal routines, the more intrusive the police services will get.

join