It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel adds 2 nuclear-capable submarines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Israel adds 2 nuclear-capable submarines

JERUSALEM - With the purchase of two more German-made Dolphin submarines capable of carrying nuclear warheads, military experts say Israel is sending a clear message to Iran that it can strike back if attacked by nuclear weapons.

The purchases come at a time when Iran is refusing to bow to growing Western demands to halt its nuclear program, and after Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has called for Israel to be "wiped off the map."

.......More

I don;t understand. Why does the western countries continue to pretend they are neutral players in the middle east when they clearly support jews over arabs/persians and muslims.

And then they arm them with nuclear weapons capable technology eg..

Israel got :

- French Nuclear reactors

- Heavy water from Britain

- Popeye turbo missiles from USA which where modifyed by Israel to carry nuclear capable warheads and America continued to supply the warheads even though at that point it becomes illegle under the IAEA/NPT rules to transfer any missiles tech which is going to be used or is being used to carry nuclear weapons.

- Dolphin class subs capable of carrying nuclear capable missiles from Germany. Now this report may seem as if they just got 2 new subs now to counter the Iranian threat but fact is they also recived 3 dolphin subs capable of carrying nuclear tipped missiles before Ahmenijad even got into power a few years ago.

Why does the west contine these games with the people in the middle east also lets not forget history either :

The central Intelligence Agency's secret history of its covert operation to overthrow Iran's government in 1953 offers an inside look at how the agency stumbled into success, despite a series of mishaps that derailed its original plans.

www.nytimes.com...

The west has been attacking Iran since 1953. When is the west going to leave the Iranians alone.

[edit on 24-8-2006 by iqonx]

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Good isreal should do all it can to stem the tide of hate from all those muslims countries that surround it.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Tommy the hate doesnt only go one way. There are several Jewish groups that are just as fanatical as the so-called Extremist Arab groups.

Back on topic, I seem to remember hearing about a year ago Israel was buying these subs very cheap from Germany, something like 30% of full price. Is it the same in this case.

I also remember there being a long argument about whether they were actually nuclear capable. Any thoughts on this

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Dude ill get the link for you. At the minute, this very minute Israeli subs are sat not 30 miles off the coast of iran at the bottom of the gulf.

If it hits the fan, there wil be no launches from israels land silos, it will be low flying cruises from their subs.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   
here's an interesting link about this matter

Israeli submarines

as for why germany and other countries still support Israel ? I think one answer could be guilt , at least for Germany .Eventhough i do not support any of these countries , i must admit that the way this whole Iranian affair has been handled does not really make sense when it is a known fact that Israel has had NBC weaponry for quite a while.But then again Iran's best pal isn't the mighty US.On the other hand , yes i do think that the (elected) government in Iran is not really one you can trust (can you trust any at all ?)
Honnestly if Iran would play the game, i'm sure we could come to some sort of understanding and have them have (a tightly controlled) civil nuclear programme.
But think about that aswell, can you imagine how delighted the OPEC is about the current situation in the middle east ? An Example , 4 years ago the cost to fill my cartank was 42 € (57USD) today it 65 € (83USD) , wonderful let's keep the situation worsening.

[edit on 25-8-2006 by Hvitserk]

top topics

join