It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USS Wahoo found.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Russian Divers Find Sunken Legendary WWII U.S. Sub

Created: 18.08.2006 13:40 MSK (GMT +3), Updated: 15:19 MSK

MosNews

Russian divers have spotted the wreckage of a legendary U.S. submarine that was lost in the Pacific in 1943, The Associated Press quotes Russian media reports Thursday.

www.mosnews.com...

Ok, It's great that the Russians found this lost WWII submarine don't get me wrong.

But what I find fishy about this story is that the Russians Navy can find a sunken and lost submarine from 60 years ago, but can't save sailors from their own navy in damaged submarines?

They either claim to be clueless or don't have the technology available to save their own in time of disaster.

Granted these divers were from a University in Vladivostok and not the Russian Navy as the story goes.

Like I said something Fishy is going on here, I guess any sunken ship from your enemy is a still a prize even if it's 60+ years old.

[edit on 24-8-2006 by SIRR1]

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I don´t understand what´s so "fishy" about it. FINDING the Kursk never was a problem, they KNEW where it sunk (several other ships in the area, the Kursk released an automatic distress buoy). The problem, among other things, was that there was no appropiate rescue gear in the area of the catastrophe.

There is a huge difference between finding something on the seafloor and actually DOING something with it.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Actually, I read somewhere that Kursk never successfully deployed any buoy, as the buoys were previosuly disabled to avoid having its position revealed in a previous mission to US ships, should the buoys be accidentally set off.

Finding a WW2 era US submarine is quite different from saving the crews of a disabled submarine. When human lives are concerned there is not quite much time.

And why does an ancient US submarine counted as "enemy's ship" to the Russians? Still living in Cold War? And the Russians were on the allies side in that war too.

new topics

join