It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your first car? post yours

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   

This was my first car. A 1961 Ford Falcon! I bought it with my first Navy paycheck
in 1970. Except for a few minor glitches, it ran like a top. I sold it to a friend when I left for Viet Nam and he drove it for another 2 or 3 years.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   
oh yeah

got it before I was legal to drive and pulled over with no license

79 corolla

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I had a wanky old metro 1.3

but....after several months work i turned it into a 6R4 replica...

then it really turned heads, except it still had the crappy metro 1.3 engine and couldnt have pulled the skin of a rice pudding.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
the first car I ever owned was a mini. I never drove it though.
Mr pantha and I were going to do it up, but gave up due to lack of time and money. It was in a bit of a bad shape, painted in red oxide, with a siezed engine.
A friend gave us a new front to put on it, the type where the whole lot flips forward, and we fitted box wheel arches to it. Goodness knows how it would have turned out by the time we had finished with it.
We did get another engine in it, but never did get it running. I ended up selling it for a pitance when I became pregnant with my second child.
The first car I owned and actually drove was a bit more sensible. Here it is, my little ford fiesta

I kept it for a couple of years , and loved driving around in it, as I only passed my test about three months after buying it, which was about two years ago.
I've got a newer fiesta now, but I'll never forget my first motor!

[edit on 26-8-2006 by pantha]

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   
My baby was a black '91 Nissan Silvia S-13 Q's SR20DE
(It was in Japan, so it was right hand drive. Drove her to watch many nights of illigal Japanese street drifting and dragracing... good times.. good times..)

Heres a pic of a similar car drifting:

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
My very first car. Little, yes but it was a pleasure to drive and great times were had

The Holden Barina

Never crashed her or any other car I've owned. After her I had a cute little Kia Mentor and then my beloved Lexus SC300. Although I did leave a club one night to find someone else had hit my Lex quite badly. I cried all weekend *sniff*

I've never even had a speeding fine (and I'm quite the speed freak
)

*knocks on wood*

[edit on 15-12-2006 by ImJaded]

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Same thing happend to my first NEW car, which was a Toyota Supra.

I was at a club, They announced it over the PA, that the car had been hit, and would the owner please go outside to meet the cops.
The whole side of the car was wiped out. Hit and run.
Bummer, it was hit and run.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
1968 Buick skylark. Floorboards were so rusty when you hit a bump they would fall down and squeal against the drive shaft. The car had a two speed automatic transmission. first gear was fast second gear was were going for a ride hold on. When I bought the car it was Mattel flake blue paint. After a few ditch parties the paint peeled back to reveal the gross ugliest green I had ever seen. The hood wouldn't stay closed so we had to put in hood pins. the car was a tank crappy fuel mileage but man was it fast. Most importunely it had a huge back seat.

www.cars-on-line.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Same thing happend to my first NEW car, which was a Toyota Supra.

I was at a club, They announced it over the PA, that the car had been hit, and would the owner please go outside to meet the cops.
The whole side of the car was wiped out. Hit and run.
Bummer, it was hit and run.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it's SO frustrating ain't it Spacey?
Mine had been hit TWICE, mine happened in an infamous parking lot for which deadbeats and hotheads like to race and messa round with their (and stolen) cars) I had no idea though

So it seems as if whoever hit her had lost control and hit her, then again. I didn't even get an announcement for it, I woulda raced out and caught em
lol

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
My first car was a 1984 Delta 88 Oldsmobile Royale.

I bought it in 2003 for 600 dollars, and it's still the car I drive today. No wrecks or even close calls. I normally drive about 10 miles over the speed limit no matter the weather condition, and I've never recieved a warning or a ticket.

Lucky me

This is exactly what it looks like to this day.

This big gas guzzling boat gets about 12-15 miles to the gallon on a good day.
external image

Edit: (sp)

[edit on 16-12-2006 by 1Crisis]

Mod Edit: Resized image

[edit on 20-12-2006 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
my first car was a 86 camro iroc-z it was great,but i rana red light and totaled it bad but im here alive so it wasn't that bad heres a pic gjthomas.tripod.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
In 1976 I turned sweet 16 and got my first ride. A 1971 Mercury Cougar.

Mine was a hard top though, red on black.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I bought a 95 Dodge Intrepid with a 3.5L 24 valve engine from my inlaws for a dollar, great deal huh?

Here is a link to a picture that looks almost indentical to my dodge.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
My first was a 1969 BMW 2002, which my parents had bought in 1968 because I was about to be born, and they needed a car with a back seat.

Later that car went to my brother and I bought a 1973 2002.

Great cars - a wonderful engine, brilliant handling, great visibility and amazingly roomy for such a small car.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   
My first car was a 1987 dodge daytona shelby turbo z. I loved that car and wished I still had it. It was a fun car.

[edit on 30-12-2006 by I See You]

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
You guys are twisting the knife in my chest, cars are so damn cheap in USA...

My first and current car is '88 BMW 318i, no power and over 340 000 km behind it... well at least it runs and it's RWD so drifting in winter is fun

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
i don't have any pictures but my first car was a 1974 Ford Gran Torino station wagon. It had a 400 CI engine with a six pack carberator and was to this day the fastest car i ever owned. It was s--t brown and had a rust hole all the way through the passenger side wheel well, the gas tank leaked and got about 8 miles to the gallon, but gas cost less than a dollar a gallon at the time. I had more fun in that thing than i can possibly describe here in the characters alloted. Thanks for putting this thread out there it brought back some good memories.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
1984 Volvo 240 sedan. I loved it. Loved it enough to only own volvos since

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
This was mine

It was in beige with full leather interior. Quick too.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
64 Belvedere 225 slant-6

I loved that car.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join