It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Kennedy's overrated?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I am really confused about the whole ordeal of the Kennedy's. I have read the books about this political family and it interests me of why they are just so darn fascinating. I watched Caroline Kennedy on an interview on ET and it would seem that even she doesn't get it either. Maybe JFK is about as fascinating as the assasination and the moon landings and that's it because the 60s weren't that good. Amercia's Prince, the glamorous Jacqueline, Marilyn Monroe, and of course the fact that he's still the only Roman Catholic President: I get it except for the part about immense charisma and charm.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
As for JFK, he didn't get to complete his term(s), so who knows? What history does show is that his policies were closer to those of a modern day Republican than they are to a modern day democrat.

Regarding Bobby Kennedy, we'll never know.

Ted has his seat in the Senate simply because of his last name, not due to any accomplishments there. The country wisely turned him away at the democratic convention years ago when he tried to run for president. Obese
, alcoholic :w:, and screaming blowhard
seem to be appropriate descriptions for good ol' Teddy ...

IMHO, of course.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
One word... Martyred.

Alittle off topic but if you look at the Music industry and Tupac Shakur. He is looked back upon as one of the greatest rappers of all time. He was, but he is almost godlike simply because he was martyred. Taken before his time, while still in his prime. This world never had the chance to see him hit his fullest potential.

This effect is true with the Kennedys. JFK was a charismatic president who was pushing for equal rights, and then assassinated. People sympathize with a martyr and will only look back on their shining moments. If JFK was not assassinated, the Bay of Pigs would be alot more significant. CIA corruption or not, this was a huge blunder on the part of the President. After his assassination, nobody is going to lay focus on this, simply because the man died for his country. You need to pay tribute.

Kenny was a brilliant man, from winning the Pulitzer to citing some of the greatest quotes of all time. All the while carrying the charisma that men wanted and women desired.

I believe camelot could have done alot more for your country.

join