It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

nicolas Tesla biggest IQ ever

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Pepper
reply to post by niklaus

I am intrigued by your gift. After a bit of research, I was wondering if you would answer a couple of questions?

What type of Synesthesia do you have?

How were you tested or diagnosed, (how would someone get tested etc..)?

If you feel it's too personal to discuss, I understand and apologize.

Thanks
Considering he hasn't been on ATS in over 2 years, don't hold your breath for a response from niklaus.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I think it necessary to point out the fact that most people with "higher IQ's"as they say. Have a very difficult time turning their brains off. Actually getting rem sleep is not very common and most of us have anxiety problems due to this fact. He may not have been hiding out; but most likely had agoraphobia as this is VERY common along with OCD in peoples with higher IQ's.
When you think ALL of the time the brain gets into the habit of continuing the thoughts, even when you want to just get some sleep or be at peace and relax. It has taken me all 38 years of my life to finally get to the point of being able to get rem sleep on a semi regular basis.( 3 days of the week as opposed to none) I have since lost all problems with anxiety and my seizures have been cut to about 10% of what they used to be. But I can still maintain my IQ and trains of thought.
Mr. Nicolas Tesla in his time had not the help we have now days, hence his need for seclusion. Not just due to what he invented or was involved in inventing. He was a brilliant man with a brilliant mind and could have done SO much more had he just had the help we have today.
There are many "clubs" if you will that form to help people who have high IQ's. But in my opinion (past experience) most of them are nothing more than groups of rich people who want to exploit and use those who can obtain so called higher forms of thought.
There are actually many people living today who have been able to achieve higher IQ's than that of Mr. Tesla. They just choose to remain silent so that they can have a chance at living a somewhat normal and peaceful life. The biggest mistake of my entire life was letting my junior high math teacher let his professor girlfriend give me an IQ test.
When they found out how smart I was they hounded me everyday I came to school and called my house no less then 4 times a day. In attempts at convincing my parents to send me away to a "special" school for kids like me. I had to leave school over it and move.....

I never went back, but continued my studies on my own. They even let me in college to take what ever classes I wanted at their expense. I am to this day glad I did it and will be damned if they are going to find out about my kids being like me.
Being the best and the brightest isn't all it's cracked up to be, it's a burden and a intrusion on ones life by every tom dick and harry when they find out.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Ya... I didn't even realize those posts were 2 years old.
I appreciate you responding, because my absent-minded self would have kept checking for a response, lol.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Sir Isaac Newton developed calculus while on vacation because he was bored. I'd give my vote to him.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join