It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Katrina Documentary(on hbo)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Has anyone seen this first 2 acts.

I think it might be something to watch if,an relook at the inccident.
just from watching the the first hour in a half,and it evenve, learned things that even my research on it didnt come up.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Delair, I haven't seen the first part (I don't have cable), nor will I be watching the airing tonight. But to let you know, at least here on Aug. 29th there will be a showing of both of them on HBO and I think they're doing it back to back, so you may be able to catch what you missed then. Everyone so far down here that I have spoken to said it was excellently done.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
i wish i knew a way to get if off dvr

i called the tv company 2 days ago, just to order HBO for 3 days. just so i could record an watch them.

im sure someone will somehow get them on google vid(even though thats probably copyright)

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I saw both episodes (four "acts"). I though they were very well done. I have to admit that as time goes on, the anger I felt towards my government has subsided somewhat with respect to the debacle that ensued after Katrina. This program has brought it back again.

Couple points that I'd like to bring up that I'm pissed about...
1. Bush, Cheney, Rice were nowhere to be found. Cheney I believe was golfing. Rice was shopping for shoes. And Bush could only look from his posh air force one. If these 'leaders' cared at all, they would have been at ground zero helping out. THEY DON'T CARE!
2. Barbara Bush: Things Working Out 'Very Well' for Poor Evacuees from New Orleans. What an idiotic thing to say. Again, not in touch with the average person. THEY DON'T CARE!
3. 25 Mind-Numbingly Stupid Quotes About Hurricane Katrina And Its Aftermath (not from the show but still shows how THEY DON'T CARE).
4. Turning on the power for Bush's visit and photo op.
5. Many others but have to leave it at that for now.

Please discuss these conspiracy related subjects...
6. This is something we need to watch very closely... Is the delay in rebuilding an effort to buy off the land near N.O. (I think it was the 9th district) by the rich at pennies on the dollar and use it for development. I feel this very well could be the reason for all the delays from up top.
7. Where have all the donations gone?
8. Did the government blow up the levees to flood out (I think) the 9th district not only to save bourbon street but also for point #6? It sounded like they did it once before.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
i recorded and watched it.. i couldnt sleep thursday nite because i was so angry after watching acts 1 and 2.. the poor people of new orleans have been setup for gentrification..it makes me sick..the insurance companies, the government response.. and im sick to my stomach that i had forgotten about new orleans for close to a year .. out of sight..out of mind..i feel so sorry for what those people have been going thru and what they will continue to go through for years to come..

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
*sigh*

Remember, I live here, Mecheng. Our Governor got in the way of Bush doing what he was supposed to do early on. The first week was more her fault than his because she wanted to argue state rights more than getting the national guard in here to help save people, like Mississippi did.

Research how much faster things moved along the Mississippi coast compared to the Louisiana coast. Lousisana is still a very corrupt state.

Man, this is the first time I've looked at what y'all've been posting about my homestate...I really ought to look into more of it.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
i, too, am from NO. I have not seen the documentary for two reasons: I'm on Katrina overload and I don't have HBO. However, I did watch the Spike Lee interview on CNN and found two very interesting things. When he is talking about the levee being blown up to hurt the low income people, the levee featured in that footage is NOT a levee in a low income neighborhood but a HIGH income neighborhood - Lakeview. Also, at the end of the interview he and the reporter are walking down a street, once again in Lakeview. If he believes the levees were "blown up" to eradicate the poor, why is the interview filmed in an upperscale neighborhood.

JLC, I would be interested in getting your opinion on the interview.

Lily

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady Lily
JLC, I would be interested in getting your opinion on the interview.
Lily
Spike Lee interview on CNN...hmm.
1. I stopped listening to outside black leadership on Katrina when the Reverend Jackson brought down people on a bus just to get the "poor N.O. people back home" when most of them wern't here...and then didn't have 1. a place for them to stay, and 2. didn't have a job lined up for them. He was just jerking the media around, and he did nothing for those people but give them a free ride. They wern't here; they don't know what they are talking about. All they are doing is building resentment in the locals of every color.

2. Pre-Katrina: A murder a day...sometimes more. Post-Katrina: the first murder took something like a month to happen amongst the storm-stressed survivors (people who should be blowing each other's heads off:lol
. When the drug dealers were shipped off to Atlanta, they were caught by the cops and were incarcerated. Hell, crazies were stealing guns and shooting at volunteer rescuerers before the floodwaters really started moving in. I see plenty of "reasons" to blow up a levee just to kill the dregs of society, but just because would be better off without them doesn't mean that someone offed them via storm. What, he couldn't accuse the white man of removing all the axes from the attics, too..or is he assuming that blacks can't figure out that most people died in Betsy because they drowned in the attics? Damn it, we live down here, and we knew for 30 years or more that we wern't safe at all. We knew how corrupt Louisiana Government is. Yes, I know there were those that could not leave, but way too many of those that stayed could get out, but refused to...even refused to when people were there to save them. It hurts to know that there were so many people that could have lived through this, but at the same time, it's hard to feel pity. They did something stupid and they payed for it. (It sort of feels like having your kid severely dissappoint you.)
/rant
Saying all this, I'm going to have to go look up his report, and see how off the wall it really is.
If he's as wrong as I suspect him, already, of being...then I'm going to find it impossible to believe anything he ever says again. "The Reverend Jessie Jackson already lies too much for me.

Well...I can see I'm still a bit too angry at the whole situation.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng
7. Where have all the donations gone?

Hello? Corrupt Louisiana....so ask our Governor. I'm quite sure she can tell you a few lies.

To those who gave to the Red Cross: Not all money that people donated "for Katrina" got it to Katrina victims. It never was supposed to. It went to several things like other disasters (Rita got Katrina money, as did the next Tsunami caused by an Earthquake) and paying the full time staff that ran the shelters.

Food Stamps: I know that for the almost a week of missed work where I'm from, when they were going to financially assist us for the money we spent running away from the storm, they put us on food stamps for 3 months. The first month: 400 something covers a good chunk of missing paycheck...but most of us in Terrebonne Parish didn't need it for 3 months, especially northern Terrebonne Parish...and they just automatically rolled us over. It was annoying, because you couldn't find meat on the shelf for practically 2 whole months because everyone and their mother was food stamping it. I gues sthey figured that the cost of paperwork for over 50,000 people would have cost about the same.

top topics

join