It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargate SG1 is dead!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Just letting all you Stargate fans know that after 10 years SG1 is finishing at the end of this season.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   

i need to go sit down.

another classic science fiction show canceled... at least SG1 did better than Firefly, Futurama, or any Trek series i can think of.

still...

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Sorry, but I think the show died quite some time ago. It's about time they buried it. Not even the creation of Far-gate/Star-scape could save this one.

Is there even any reason to watch the scifi channel any more, unless of course you are obsessed with the giant monster phase.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I suppose if they defeat their newest threat, the Ori or something like that, there isn't much left to fight without creating extremely large space fleets etc. and then it would seem like a different show anyway. I'll miss it unless Stargate Atlantis can keep things going. For a while there after Anubis was defeated, it was like the end of the Lord of the Rings movies. Every episode seemed like another ending to the series. It's good again in my opinion now.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kurokage
Just letting all you Stargate fans know that after 10 years SG1 is finishing at the end of this season.

thats not entirely true.

SciFi wont have an eleventh season (their contract with MGM prohibits it)...but that doesn't mean it cant exist, scifi's not the only network ya know.

I love Stargate...SG-1 and SGA, I've seen every single episode...most more then once.

Sci-fi will have SGA next year (season 4)...but they wont have SG-1.

Heres a good article that says it all
MGM considers SG-1's future

Heres some tidbits from it:

"We don't look at Stargate SG-1 as a TV show, but a franchise," MGM spokesman Jeff Pryor told Multichannel News. "It is our intention to vigorously find a way to extend the franchise."

Fans have speculated this week that that could mean an SG-1 feature film, TV movie, mini-series ... or even Season Eleven on another network.

Executive producer and series co-creator Brad Wright told TV Guide that his "dream is to take SG-1 back to the feature it began as" -- but, more realistically, the show may segue into TV movies and, eventually, a third television series. "There's absolutely no reason in the world there couldn't be and won't be another series that takes part in the Stargate universe," he said.

"This is not the end of the 'Stargate' franchise," Pryor said. "This is just the end of (Stargate SG-1) airing on the SCI FI Channel."

It looks like stargate still has a bright future.

[edit on 27-8-2006 by Murcielago]

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Yeah, looks like they are offering it to other channels (read this today on Dark horizions) so we just have to hold our breaths for a little bit longer.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
How about a resurrected Stargate Alliances: Earth and maybe others join the Asgard in a battle against the enemy worse than the replicators. The story line could go after the defeat of the Ori the Earth teams acquired the technology needed to help them join the Asgard in a new alliance to defeat an enemy that has been threatening to destroy the Asgard for years. Earth and our galaxy would have fallen ages ago if not for the valiant efforts of the Asgard. Just an idea. Then we see where Earth forces have been utilizing off world labor and resources to build vast space fleets with super weapons. We'll need these to fight several large battles against a vast super enemy spanning more than just one galaxy. Just another idea. Star wars accelerated version. I feel better already.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
stargate sg1 will die only if we LET it die

it is in our hands

did daniel give up?
NO, he has died in defense of this country many times

did teal'c give up, even though he was raised to believe the gou'ald were invincible gods?
NO, he tried, tried, and eventually those mofos were killed

hell, carter BLEW UP A SUN

o'neill continuelly laughed in the face of the enemy, even when it wasn't appropriate

and walter, well, he just kept giving us status checks

if they can do this for the galaxy, why can't we support them

SAVESTARGATESG1.COM

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
YES!!!! finaly thank god!! that show sucked so much ass!!

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Coming On Fox

Stargate: The Next Generation

Stargate: Deep Space Nine

Stargate: Voyager

Stargate: The Wrath Of Teal'c

Stargate: Generations

Stargate: The Undiscovered Stargate

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
With 2 million viewers a week, I don't think Stargate is in any danger of dying. I like the way they are taking Stargate Atlantis too.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   
im sorry but i love stargate and im not convinced that the "final" episode was the final episode, im 99.9% sure it will be coming back eventully, they left wya to much open, i say 4-5 years we'll have it back.

O and im starting a Atlantis Podcast when the season returns to the UK, so watch out for it stargate fans

Edn

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Its not the final episode as such, there are two movies in the making Stargate: The Ark of Truth & Stargate: Continuum.

Majic your not far off in your assumption. Bring on... Stargate Universe, www.gateworld.net...

*If you haven't seen the end of the series then you might not want to read below this line*

Stargate: The Arl of Truth will start off some point after the last episode of SG-1 where they set off to find an artifact to finally defeat the Ori. (So if you have just read this and not seen the last episode then you now know they don't defeat the Ori by the end of the series, sorry if i spoiled your day)

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   
its okie ive seen it and every other one lol, i carnt wait for the movie, any idea of release dates ?

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
before we get the movies at least we get to Sam Carter on Atlantis, any one care to guess what position in Atlantis she will take?

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
For all you Stargate fans out there Sanctuary is a net based TV show from some of people who made stargate and stars Amanda Tapping, I've started a thread here in the Fantasy and sci fi section with a link to the show Sanctuary
I thought it showed promise and enjoyed the 5 minute clip. Please go and have a look see!!

[edit on 3-5-2007 by Kurokage]

new topics

top topics

join