It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Still nothing to see

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
What's the deal? I go away for a few months because I'm too busy to read up on forum posts and I come back hoping that, since then, SOMETHING interesting has happened and there's nothing. Some kooky posts about stargates, bob lazar (I thought that horse was already dead!), and some more cotton-picking misinterpretation of jpeg artifacts and stitching errors.

Isn't anyone else around here sick of waiting around for that final obvious "they're here" proof to come out? Does anyone HONESTLY think they're gonna read about it here first? Try this experiment: Go away from abovetopsecret for a few months (maybe even 6 months to a year if you're ambitious) and then come back and see how much closer we are to having found aliens (or them having found us).

Until some aliens ACTUALLY GET HERE I fear we're all wasting our time.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
If you are waiting for Aliens to go land in Central Park, then youll be waiting for a long time. There is already enough evidence that they are here. Some of us can connect the dots and get plenty of evidence without it being in our faces.

besides, if you dont like this site content, why are you here?

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Some of us can connect the dots and get plenty of evidence without it being in our faces.
besides, if you dont like this site content, why are you here?

I can connect any random set of dots and make a nice picture of a pony.

I'm interested in this topic because I think it would be amazing and wonderful if aliens ever came and visited (or if we found THEM - either way would be fine). I've been wanting this to happen all my life and I figure there are like-minded folks around here. But perhaps I *am* missing the point of this site a bit.. This is a conspiracy site. I do NOT believe in any large-scale conspiracies - that is, I don't believe there's free energy that oil companies are keeping down, I don't believe our government knows about any aliens, I don't believe the transistor was actually reverse-engineered from alien parts, and I don't believe that everything we think we know about "X" is wrong [substitute anything for X, like physics, geology, history, whatever].

So I come here every now and then thinking that if something REAL starts to happen on this planet regarding aliens, I *might* hear wind of it here first.

And that's what I'm questioning.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I sometimes wonder that myself especially where the hell is Glenn Beck? I'd be sure he would have found this more than interesting website.
But seriously though, we can only try our darnest as human beings and we are indeed trying our very best in finding all sorts of important truths. Only the most poignant of questions are asked as well as the most useful of facts (read: not something you've probably already encountered) as such, ATS truly can be said to be the best and nothing more.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm interesting you mentioned the transister.

Do some research it is interesting. One of the men on Majestic 12 was a Scientist by the name of Vannevar Bush. (Look him up.)

Now look up Raytheon and find where it says history and read very interesting I think myself.

It seems he and his partners had to change the name of there Company which was named American Appliance back in 1922 because someone had it first. They developed Defense Technology. They changed the name to Raytheon (sound familiar) "Ray" comes from "rai" an old French word that means "a beam of light" while theon comes from the Greek and means "from the Gods" they go on to talk about the blue light from Orion Puppis.

[edit on 21-8-2006 by observe50]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
interesting you mentioned the transister.
Do some research it is interesting. One of the men on Majestic 12 was a Scientist by the name of Vannevar Bush. (Look him up.)

Oh, geez, here we go... The history of the transistor is well documented and mundane. There were no aliens involved, no enochian angel-beings, no time travellers, and nobody had to look anything up in the akashic records. I think it is an insult to the ingenuity and, frankly, hard (sometimes tedious) work of engineers and scientists to posit that "aliens did it".

There's decent writing about it here.here

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Well if you don't see the conspiracy angle, then it's probably not worth your time coming here. I am here because I am disgusted by the coverup going on and there are plenty of like-minded people here who feel the same. If I was of the opinion this was all nonsense, I would instead restrict myself to sites that focus on up-to-date sightings like UFO Casebook or YouTube, and not bother with forums.

People bring valid and interesting clips / information here all the time. The stargates thread included. I started a thread about Project Camelot, check that one out if you are truly passionate about new-and-mindblowing disclosures in the UFO field. But if you just dismiss all this stuff as bunk without even bothering to look at it, perhaps your energies would be better-spent at a non-conspiratorial website.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Sophismata - You're not alone.
I was away for about four months. I will say there appears to be more objective level headed remarks as oposed to blind faith posts. There has been a rash of obvious and not so obvious hoaxes pulled off and the past two years have offered what?

Beyond that there is nothing real inspiring of late to delve into. I guess in the end you can blame the Internet for pummeling the subject matter into a new light. Instantaneous information without borders (for most of us).

Now if some of the events occured at the rate they did in the 1940-50-60 or 70's, we would really get allot of eyes and analysis on the matters. For now you can search for UFO's and Aliens on YouTube and Google to see badly compressed videos of UFOs posted by anonymous sources - Ohh well.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sophismata
What's the deal? I go away for a few months because I'm too busy to read up on forum posts and I come back hoping that, since then, SOMETHING interesting has happened and there's nothing. Some kooky posts about stargates, bob lazar (I thought that horse was already dead!), and some more cotton-picking misinterpretation of jpeg artifacts and stitching errors.

Isn't anyone else around here sick of waiting around for that final obvious "they're here" proof to come out? Does anyone HONESTLY think they're gonna read about it here first? Try this experiment: Go away from abovetopsecret for a few months (maybe even 6 months to a year if you're ambitious) and then come back and see how much closer we are to having found aliens (or them having found us).

you bet that you'll hear that kind of news first on the internet.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sophismata

If you really want something to happen, go outside at night and watch the sky, and be wish you'll see a UFO. And most likely you actualy will

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
There's nothing to see because UFOlogy has stagnated to a ridiculous point. There's no new research being done, and all anyone does is revisit the old garbage long proven out...because it keeps coming up over and over. New people latch onto it and it's off to the races to show new people what a sham it is.

No one is going to get anywhere at this rate.

new topics

top topics

join