It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ExtraTerrestrial-Demon Theory

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zareste
And of course we're talking about the angels serving under Jehovah, right? The ones who kill off civilizations for disobedience? Who want you to suffer for eternity if you don't follow them? Who led the Israelis to slaughter Palestinians for their land?

I'm talking about the good angels who rescue people from dangerous situations. There are many reports from people who have had beautiful encounters with these angelic rescuers. A few years ago there were many special programs about the good angels. They were very popular for awhile.

Just making sure we're talking about the good angels who kill everything in sight, and not the bad ones who gave primates the ability to think cognitively.

Gee....I certainly hope you don't buy that lie from the aliens-demons about having genetically engineered man from apes.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by masterp

Originally posted by x daedalus x
It is a popular belief in Christian circles that any extra-terrestrial activity or related phenomena are manifestations of demonic spirits connected to Satan. What are your thoughts on this?

Well, prove to me that the Christian religion is the one true religion, and then we can discuss your question.

This is because the concept of Satan is due to Christianity. Other religions don't have that.

Try reading "The Case for Christ" by Lee Strobel (or his other "Case for...." books).

Mr. Strobel is a former atheist, Ivy league educated legal journalist who, in a nut shell, set out to disprove Christianity by the means of court admissable evidence under the US Federal Justice systems definitions of said evidence. The problem was, he kept coming up with evidence showing the opposite, that is Jesus is exactly who He said He was. Mr Strobel, interviewed many of the leading experts (ie. mostly Ivy league or other Tier 1 school PhD's) in very specific subjects like ancient languages, archeology, anthroplogy, science, history, religion, and literature. While most of those interviews were Christians, Mr. Strobel's method was to basicly hit them with evey athiestic/"there is no way it is true", type argument because he indeed was trying to stump them.

What he intended was a report or book to disprove Christianity. He subseqently decided to become a Christian, and is writing his multi-book series showing or "proving" the truths of the Bible and Jesus.

It is a compeling read, I would imagine even for a non Christian. Check it out, let me know what you think

[edit on 1-9-2006 by Sr Wing Commander]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sr Wing Commander

Originally posted by masterp

Originally posted by x daedalus x
It is a popular belief in Christian circles that any extra-terrestrial activity or related phenomena are manifestations of demonic spirits connected to Satan. What are your thoughts on this?

Well, prove to me that the Christian religion is the one true religion, and then we can discuss your question.

This is because the concept of Satan is due to Christianity. Other religions don't have that.

Try reading "The Case for Christ" by Lee Strobel (or his other "Case for...." books).

Mr. Strobel is a former atheist, Ivy league educated legal journalist who, in a nut shell, set out to disprove Christianity by the means of court admissable evidence under the US Federal Justice systems definitions of said evidence. The problem was, he kept coming up with evidence showing the opposite, that is Jesus is exactly who He said He was. Mr Strobel, interviewed many of the leading experts (ie. mostly Ivy league or other Tier 1 school PhD's) in very specific subjects like ancient languages, archeology, anthroplogy, science, history, religion, and literature. While most of those interviews were Christians, Mr. Strobel's method was to basicly hit them with evey athiestic/"there is no way it is true", type argument because he indeed was trying to stump them.

What he intended was a report or book to disprove Christianity. He subseqently decided to become a Christian, and is writing his multi-book series showing or "proving" the truths of the Bible and Jesus.

It is a compeling read, I would imagine even for a non Christian. Check it out, let me know what you think

[edit on 1-9-2006 by Sr Wing Commander]

Strobel does not prove the existence of God. Strobel proves the existence of Jesus Christ...that is a great difference.

I am in no position to judge the book or if Christ existed or not (others may be more persuasive), but I can tell you one thing: if God existed, there would be no separation of religions. Because under Christian dogma, all those people that are not Christians are doomed to eternal hell.

Finally, if Strobel was a true christian, he should have been an orthodox christian and not what he is right now.

<< 1   >>

join