It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

assistant manager at my work publicly posted my name and ss number!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I have been awake for 2 days over this stupid woman. I can't beleive she did this to me. All I can do is worry about who has my name and s.s number! I have such a big headach now I can even go to work! This can't be legal for her to do. I am at a total lose here. I don't know what to do about this. My security has been breched. Now anyone at work can log on the cash register in my name and steal money, or someone can now steal my check and cash it. In my town all you need is your s.s number to cash a check. For 2 freaking days my full name and S.S number was out in the open for all to see. Most everyone in my town knows where I live. So now they have my full name and my S.S number and my adderess. I just know someone is now getting a credit card and god knows what else in my name.This has caused me great mental and physical distress! Can a company legal do this? Can I sue them or her for this? I am at a complete total lose as to what to do. Any and all help with this would be much aprichiated.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Wow that sucks. Considering shes the assistant manager, you should first tell the boss. A lawyer that you know personally or that does a free counciltation would be a good idea if you decide on legal action. What I find most supprising is that an assistant manager has your SS numbers. The only people that should have access to the numbers is the ceo and the people that deal with finances.

My local college uses SS numbers for identification and it pisses me off how stupid they are, especially because they ask you for it verbally at registration. Everyone there is a dumb ####, ####-for-brains, and should be used as fertalizer. I dont go there anymore.

You should'nt be paranoid about it though, unless a thieving punk works there. You can cancel your credit card number and get a new one if necessary. Your paranoia is the big problem right now. Considering how much sleep youve lost, you should consider taking either an over the counter sleeping drug (tylenol PM works), cold/alergy med (Nyquil works), or alcohol. Good luck.

[edit on 20-8-2006 by GlassRunner]

new topics

join