It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Passing violently from dream to reality and back

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 08:57 PM
link   
This happens to me occasionally, and I wondered if anyone has a clue to what it is. I'm dreaming, the subject doesn't matter much until the end. I fall down stairs or get pushed or some violent action and it feels like it happened to me. Falling in particular gives me the sensation of freefall. I wake up long enough to register it, about 1 to 2 seconds, i don't know, and then I feel like I'm sucked back in. I don't remember anything after that. Any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Heh, I have dreams kind of like that. Dreams where something happens and I almost violently shake myself awake from the dream as if I had sustained some injury. I looked in to that and found that some believe that being shaken out of sleep from a dream.. the dropping or inpact sensation from a dream means that your mind, soul, spirit(your person) returned to your body.

Where did you return from while you were "dreaming". Some believe that you had visited an "astral plane" or "astrak dream plane". The very same astral plane where you could have contact with old friends or relatives.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Yeah, me too. I'll fall off a cliff, then wake up with the sensation of falling. Sometimes while I'm lying in bed going to sleep, I feel as though my bed is tilting in one direction or another. Probably has to do with the fact that such actions are registered with the senses very strongly, so your brain or mind or whatever can't help but carry them into consciousness.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Sounds like a double dream when you think you are awake when you aren't... I've had a couple of dreams like that.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
i have had dreams similar to that also. i have even had them when i was half awake and half asleep when i regain consciousness i have a falling sensation.

top topics

join