It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the deepest place on the earth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I once had a muslim ask me, "What is the deepest place on the earth?"

Does anyone know?

I thought it might be the dead sea.

And why would this be important to a muslim?

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   
It is called "Challenger Deep."

Challenger Deep got its name from the British survey ship Challenger II, which pinpointed the deep water off the Marianas Islands in 1951. Then in 1960, the US Navy sent the Trieste (a submersible - a mini-submarine designed to go really deep) down into the depths of the Marianas trench to see just how far they would go. They touched bottom at 35,813 ft/10,915m. That means, while they were parked on the bottom in the bathyscaphe, there were almost seven miles/11km of water over their heads!www.extremescience.com...

Why this would be of significance to a Muslim, or any other religion, is beyond my understanding.

Semper

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   
The deepest place on Earth is where a human finds the worst human problem on Earth and does nothing about it. This applies to the Dead Sea and any other surface, suprasurface, or subsurface area of the Earth.

Only a great human person can solve it, but almost always it is a great person in combination with many others.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Now see!!!

You have done gone way over my liddle ol' head with al that.

I thought only of a scientific explanation to the question. See what happens when I assume?

Semper

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Perhaps it is the center of the earth, where there is light from the earth's core?

Meteorites are Iron and the earth core is Iron I believe.

After all muslims do worship a shining star (Meteorite) which fell to earth.

Are they diametrically opposed to the Bright and Morning Star perhaps, or maybe one and the same?

[edit on 19-8-2006 by In nothing we trust]

top topics

join