It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Focus: Iran was behind Hezbollah-Israel war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Source

London, Aug. 16 – Iran masterminded the July 12 attack on an Israeli military squad by the Lebanese militia Hezbollah which ignited a major military offensive against the group by the Jewish state, Iran Focus has learnt.

A well-placed source inside the clerical establishment told Iran Focus that prior to the start of hostilities Tehran dispatched several top officials including the chief of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) to attend a summit in Syria which took place on July 4 and focused on ways to upset the regional balance in the Middle East.

Hassan Khomeini, the grandson of the founder of the Islamic Republic, travelled to the Syrian capital last month, staying in Damascus between July 1 and 6 under the cover of pilgrimage to a revered Shiite Muslim shrine.

Interesting and developing story, though I don't know the reliability of it. Normally Iran Focus objectively reports of issues happening in Iran or are related to Iran.

Questions you can ask yourself, why would an Iranian official say this? I don't see any reasons. And yet again, Iran Focus is [in my opinion] an objective neutral news source, normally only starting articles not published by themselves.

[edit on 16-8-2006 by Mdv2]

Mod Edit: Reduced External Quote Size.

Mod Note: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16/8/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I don't believe this MDV. What about the Palestinian kidnapping at about the same time? If anything it was a collaboration between Hamas and Hizbollah. Iran had nothing to do with it other then supplying the weapons and that was prior to what happened. They are trying to associate Iran and Syria with Lebanon and seem to be trying their hardest to make this association stick. They want to desensitize people for when they begin another attack which should start pretty soon. This cease-fire just seems bogus. Nothing was put in place and no one seems to have a plan. Its obvious that they just stalled to regroup and formulate a plan since their last one failed miserably.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I agree with you Pie. It doesn't make sense an Iranian official, which is expected to support its government's policies. The strange thing, however, is that Iran Focus basically is a database gathering articles about Iran from the internet, nothing more, nothing less. That's why I don't understand why they would write bogus now.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Iran Focus is basically a mouthpiece for the MEK, a terrorist organization fighting the Iranian government, up until recently entirely supported by our pal Saddam Hussein.

Before the Mullahs took over Iran, the MEK's primary targets were Westerners, now they're trying to play footsie with the US and Israeli right and present themselves as a "democratic alternative" to the mullahs. In reality they were part of the revolution that put the Mullahs in power, but were backstabbed once Khomeni started to see them as a threat.

Iran Focus is a very untrustworthy source, that will pretty much make up anything in order to make the current regime look bad. Considering there is plenty of factual information to make the current regime look bad, this strikes me as kind of silly.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Personally i wouldnt believe ANYTHING that comes out of Iran...that place (the leadership especially) is just full of lies. They and Syria as well. I would love to go back through all the thread topics from the last few weeks dealing with statements by the Iranians, Syrians, and Nasrallah about all the things they were going to do LOL. Nothing panned out.

Im still waiting for the "Beyond Haifa and Beyond, beyond Haifa" and "we will hit Tel Aviv if you hit Beirut" crap that has been spout by Hizbo's leader. These leaders are all CANDY.

I cant wait to see Aug 22 come and go (with nothing happening) as well since so many people think this is the date that Pres. Amodfiwehfnpwehpjad has something in store for Ishrael. Nothing but retoric out of "these parts." Good thing they have oil for sale LOL.

[edit on 16-8-2006 by princeofpeace]

[edit on 16-8-2006 by princeofpeace]

new topics

top topics

join