It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flight from London Redirected to Boston After In-Flight Incident

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Retseh

Violence on UK Flight

I have a feeling that this will prove to be yet another one of this air rage incidents involving passengers from the UK - I am stretching here, but I'll bet drink was involved.

I seem to recall a number of these incidents - are the British really this violent, kind of shoots down their popular image over here.

Of course, I could be wrong and it could be an American, but somehow I doubt it.

www.cnn.com...

Sorry to cross-quote but the thread was closed and directed here:

So Mr / Mrs Retseh it turns out the 'suspect' in this incident is a US citizen - could you explain your sweeping assumptions and racial stereotyping?

Would it be reasonable of me to state all US citizens are disruptive and prone to ignore stated security warnings/covert smugglers of hand cream?

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Not sure how that happened - please ignore

[edit on 16/8/2006 by Strangerous]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
If the screwdriver/matches/terrorist thing isn't true, much credit to whoever first reported it, because it sounds almost too perfect to be fake, especially so quickly. To come up with those items off the top of ones head so fast, and get it to mass media, just doesn't seem right to me.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
it's definitely the 'funniest' alert so far. Seems more Monty Python than anything else. Vaseline and a note 'about Al Qaida' what the heck is that? It sounds just like a half formed idea. It's not a note 'from' Al Qaida (which would make more sense).

Er Boston we need a couple of F15s up here, yeah we got a old lady up here, covered in hand cream, the sky marshal can't get the cuffs on her, she just keeps slipping out. For chrissakes scramble!

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
that'll be 'since' 9/11 then right?

No Air Cap missions are always launched when an emergency over water is declared. Normally the Coast guard takes on that mission, but military Alert fighters have been launched when they are not available.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
No drama - simply a claustrophobic passenger - no hand/cream, no screwdriver, no AQ notes - nothing.

If simple passenger distress is going to illicit this kind of reaction from now on things are going to get very boring / expensive!

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Yeah, it appears after a lot of police-grilling, dog-sniffing, and other activities, the same plane is about ready to take off again to its final destination, the Virginia/Washington D.C. area.

Chalk another one up to paranoia.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
it's definitely the 'funniest' alert so far. Seems more Monty Python than anything else. Vaseline and a note 'about Al Qaida' what the heck is that? It sounds just like a half formed idea. It's not a note 'from' Al Qaida (which would make more sense).

Er Boston we need a couple of F15s up here, yeah we got a old lady up here, covered in hand cream, the sky marshal can't get the cuffs on her, she just keeps slipping out. For chrissakes scramble!

Matches and vaseline from the "Ministry of Silly Terrorist Tools" perhaps?

It doesn't surprise me the authorities acted in this manner considering the current level of anxiety over terrorist activities, but it sure does sound silly when you reflect on the situation! This story about a note about Al Qaeda is really bizarre though, i'm kinda thinking that it was made up by the media to dramatise the event. Or maybe a chinese-whispers style of journalism was going on, and it was infact a note from a family member or something!?

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   
So this morning the news is now saying she DID have Vasoline and something else (matches?), but I was getting ready for work so I missed parts of it.

Something is off here.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
An old lady with Vaseline...
that cinches it...
thank god they stopped her before she could... grease somebody...

throw her in guantanamo with the rest of the terrorists...

I was wondering why they only stop the little old ladies for the secondary searches at airports...

now we know...

[edit on 17-8-2006 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
This thread is hysterical, but I gotta break into the fun with some news.

First, although there was confusion, it is confirmed that she had some of those "banned" items.

Second, although she is a U.S. citizen, she has been living in Pakistan.

Here is one post about her. I will leave you to find the rest.

the-post-postmodernist.blogspot.com...

Question.
Do you think she was claustrophobic on the way to Pakistan too?

[edit on 8/18/06 by makeitso]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
hUMMM....
I haven't seen any updates, other than what has been corrected in the original story...

The update concluded:
She didn't have matches (lighters also weren't mentioned)
She didn't have a note relating to Al Queda or any some such...

she had a love letter to her internet romance partner... a pakistani...
She had some unknown non explosive Gel based product, that wasn't specified...
It is also unclear by the updates if and when she urinated...it seems to have dropped that reference altogether... (by the original story, it was after she was already being babysat by airline attendants)

So it is interesting that the filed court afidavit with sworn statements by at least two air marshalls, and confirmed by the pilot state otherwise...

this is wierd...
maybe not the lady, she could have just been freaked by her travels and experience... but wierd regarding the changed story...

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Sounds like a script from SNL ! I cant believe the fear around !

top topics

<< 1   >>

join