It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lebanese reporter with the right attitude

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
www.tnr.com...

The above article was written by a LEBANESE reporter, who in my opinion has exactly the kind of attitude that is needed to destroy Hezbollah once and for all.

As I said in a previous post - the Lebanese people need to take responsibility for the actions of terrorists groups working from within their own country to stop Israel from having to carry out offensive actions against Hezbollah which impact negatively on innocent civilians.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   
So what you're saying, is it is Lebanon's own fault their people are being killed? Wow, talk about your 'blame the victim' mentality. It wouldn't have anything to do with say, Isreal killing civilians would it? As far as 'terrorist' groups, you should check your sources. Only because the US and Isreal claim it, doesn't it make it so.

[edit on 14-8-2006 by nikelbee]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 03:45 AM
link   
[quote of Entire preceeding post removed]

There is a difference between Israel targeting terrorists and ACCIDENTLY killing innocent civilians and Hezbollah PURPOSEFULLY targeting civilians with their rockets. If you bothered to read the article, the reporter actually praises Israels ability to hit terrorist targets while minimising civilian casualties. If Israel really wanted to kill Lebanese citizens it would be a bloodbath, not the very tragic but unaviodable casualties that arise from attacking terrorists who hide among the civilians.

And are you seriously trying to tell me that you dont consider Hezbollah a terrorist group? Its not only the US and Israel that list them as a Terrorist Organisation. Plenty of countries around the world (Including Australia and Britain) list them as terrorist organisations.

My friend I think it is you who needs to check their sources.

Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/14/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 05:14 AM
link   

No 'friend', it is you who should be more aware of what you say as you are currently contradicting yourself.

First you say that there is a difference in ACCIDENTLY killing civillians, which I am assuming by your words, is OK with you, and then you say that Isreal is better at minimising civilian casualties. Well, which ones it then? If they can minimise it, why aren't they?

As far as telling me that I didn't 'bother' to read the article you posted. First of all, there is no way you can know whether or not I read it. You know what they say about assumption right?

More importantly, I was responding to your comments here:

...has exactly the kind of attitude that is needed to destroy Hezbollah once and for all.

And here:

the Lebanese people need to take responsibility for the actions of terrorists groups working from within their own country to stop Israel from having to carry out offensive actions

(emphasis mine).

My intent is not to debate with you about who is at fault here, or who is right or wrong in a bloody stupid war, which is among other things, hugely biased.

What I did want to comment on, was how you could blame Lebanon for what Isreal does to its civillians. I think your comment oozes with ill placed blame and smacks of smug cheap progaganda.

Oh and by the way - whether or not civillians died 'accidently' or purposely matters not to those that love them, death is death. No matter how you look upon it. People who have nothing to do with this war - meaning ordinary people like you and me - are dying and suffering on both sides. Whether on the right or left, this is always the biggest tragedy.

I just want to know how you can say with certainty from where you are sitting, that those deaths were accidental and not purposeful?

So far, Israel's attacks have killed over 1000 innocent civilians including women and children.

Thus the conclusion must be that they trained at the Storm Trooper's school of combat.

As for terrorists and terrorism, oh please. The word has been used up to no longer have any meaning EXCEPT the ones our governments mean to rule us by. Look at what the US has done in other countries. Look at what Isreal and Hammas have done. Look at what the UK is allowing, by being dragged into one mess after another at the beck and call of Sir Bush. THen talk to me about 'terrorist' organisations, simply because it is listed by a country and its allies, who obviously have no problem arming and funding their own sides of the battle.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I agree with nikelbee.

And to the main poster Ezekiel. Just becuase you have found 1 reporter that agree's with your opinion doesn't make yours or his opinion correct. You will find reporters like him far and few in lebanon. the majority of reporters are against Israel's actions. In fact if you watch Arab media you will see that support for Hezbollah has grown into gigantic support.

Hezbollah today is more popular then it has ever been. For the first time in it's existance it now has major support and backing from sunni's muslims which is never had in the past becuase it is a Shia group and not just from muslims but also now has support from nationalists, secular groups, christians and atieists arabs.

You want peace in the middle east. Then you will have to get Israel to give back all of the lebonese people it kidnapped from lebanon during it's 18 year occupation on Lebanon of which it still has about 1000 lebonese prisoners in Israeli jails and some of who are held without trial.

Why is Israel allowed to kidnap thousands of people in Lebanon and Palestine yet when they kidanp Israeli soldiers all of a sudden it's a warcrime and an "act of war". By this logic the Israelis have made thousands and thousands of warcrimes and "acts of war" against the people of Lebanon and Palestine.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   

No 'friend', it is you who should be more aware of what you say as you are currently contradicting yourself.

First you say that there is a difference in ACCIDENTLY killing civillians, which I am assuming by your words, is OK with you, and then you say that Isreal is better at minimising civilian casualties. Well, which ones it then? If they can minimise it, why aren't they?

Sorry but I dont see the contradiction. Yes Israel is accidently killing civilians - and NO I did not say it was ok (I actually said it was tragic). They are minimising the casualties by only attacking targets that are proven to be Hezbollah missile launching sites or strongholds. They are minimising casualties by ONLY targeting these sites. If they wanted to maximise civy casualties they could very easily target a crowded shopping mall or restaurant - like the terrorists do! How can they avoid civilian casualties when the enemy they are attacking hides amongst the civilians! They could not strike the targets, but then they would have to deal with repeated rocket attacks - DIRECTED AT INNOCENT CIVILIANS.

My intent is not to debate with you about who is at fault here, or who is right or wrong in a bloody stupid war, which is among other things, hugely biased.

What I did want to comment on, was how you could blame Lebanon for what Isreal does to its civillians. I think your comment oozes with ill placed blame and smacks of smug cheap progaganda.

I probably didnt really explain my position clearly enough in my original post. The reason why I agree with this reporters comments is that he recognizes Lebanons responsibility to control and restrict the actions of a terrorist organisation that is operating from within their borders to attack a sovereign state. He quite correctly points out that the Lebanese government and military is unable to deal with Hezbollah and that Israel has no other option but to act. If I was a Lebanese citizen that saw my government unable to stop a terrorist group from attacking one of our neighbours - I would be screaming out for intervention from someone who COULD stop them!

Oh and by the way - whether or not civillians died 'accidently' or purposely matters not to those that love them, death is death. No matter how you look upon it. People who have nothing to do with this war - meaning ordinary people like you and me - are dying and suffering on both sides. Whether on the right or left, this is always the biggest tragedy.

On this point I wholeheartedly agree with you. In my original post I expressed my belief that the deaths of the civilians is tragic. It makes me feel sick in my stomach every night I see children covered in blood, or families crying over loved ones.

I just want to know how you can say with certainty from where you are sitting, that those deaths were accidental and not purposeful?

I can say with certainty because it is very evident that Israel is ONLY attacking targets that are either hezbollah missile launching sites, or hezbollah strongholds. If Israel wanted to kill civilians, they could do so with devasting effect.

Israel drops warning pamphlets hours before an attack telling the residents to evacuate. Hezbollah shoots targets at random with NO warning.

So far, Israel's attacks have killed over 1000 innocent civilians including women and children.

Thus the conclusion must be that they trained at the Storm Trooper's school of combat.

While I appreciate the STAR WARS humor, I must again point out that HEzbollah are hiding amongst civilians and attacking from RESIDENTIAL zones. As long as Hezbollah continues to use the cowardly tactic of hiding among civilians, there will be accidental civilian casualties. Again, if the Lebanese government will not do anything to remove the threat - Israel must.

As for terrorists and terrorism, oh please. The word has been used up to no longer have any meaning EXCEPT the ones our governments mean to rule us by. Look at what the US has done in other countries. Look at what Isreal and Hammas have done. Look at what the UK is allowing, by being dragged into one mess after another at the beck and call of Sir Bush. THen talk to me about 'terrorist' organisations, simply because it is listed by a country and its allies, who obviously have no problem arming and funding their own sides of the battle.

Terrorism may not have any meaning for people like you and me who live in safety in our secure and peaceful countries. However for people like the Israelis or the innocent people in Iraq who are constantly subjected to suicide bombings and attacks agains unarmed civilians Im sure the word has a very, very significant meaning.

IF you honestly believe that there is no real threat of terrorism, I suggest you look back to 9/11. Or the Bali bomings. Or the London bus bombings. Or the recently foiled British Airline bombings. Or the constant suicide bombing in Iraq. Or the missile attacks on civilian targets in Israel. You can bury your head in the sand and pretend theres no threat, just dont come crying when the terrorists strike in YOUR country and people YOU love and care about die at the hands of some religious extremist on their way to nirvana.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by nikelbee
So what you're saying, is it is Lebanon's own fault their people are being killed? Wow, talk about your 'blame the victim' mentality. It wouldn't have anything to do with say, Isreal killing civilians would it? As far as 'terrorist' groups, you should check your sources. Only because the US and Isreal claim it, doesn't it make it so.

[edit on 14-8-2006 by nikelbee]

Your right, nick

Just because lebanese citizens attacked another country-a military much stronger one- and are fighting a war by hiding behind civillians getting them and their country distroyed.
Think what happened to chechnya by Russia. I wonder how much Russia would like it if Iran and Syria supplied Russia's terrorits with weapons like the lebanese terrorits.....

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   

My point exactly - Lebanese citizens form a NON STATE GROUP, attack a sovereign nation then hide amongst innocent civilians when the sovereign nation defends itself. The blood is on their hands.

Sorry mods =/ Thought the preceeding post was small enough to quote =D

[edit on 14-8-2006 by Ezekiel]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Ezekiel

I see from your follow up post that I may not have seen your position clearly the first time around. Our emotions tend to cloud issues. I am glad we see eye to eye on some things, mainly expressing the same anger/sadness at the victims on both sides of this conflict. And I hope that the ceasefire holds and the ppl of Lebanon can get back to some relative normality.

As I stated previously, it isn't my intention to argue sides, everything is so complex and multi-layered and never as straight forward as it seems. As far as terrorism, we also seem to have different views, as I continue to think it tends to be our own governments who are playing up our fears, in ways we don't even know. But I am glad that there is common ground between us, so that hopefully we can argue or express our different opinions and still remain respectful to one another.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ezekiel
The above article was written by a LEBANESE reporter, who in my opinion has exactly the kind of attitude that is needed to destroy Hezbollah once and for all.

That type of attitude is normal from a Lebanese reporter working for a news agency that has its editorial offices in Israel,

source

La Ména, de son nom complet la Metula News Agency, est dirigée au plan rédactionnel depuis le village israélien de Métula qui lui donne son nom. Ce village est le plus septentrional de l'État d'Israël, il est en fait l'aboutissement géographique d'un isthme politique entre le Sud-Liban et la Syrie.

Babelfish translation:
Ména, of its complete name Metula News Agency, is directed in the editorial plan from the Israeli village of Métula which gives him its name. This village is most septentrional of the State of Israel, it is in fact the geographical result of a political isthmus between South-Lebanon and Syria.

is a company incorporated in the British Virgin Islands
and has its general assemblies in Israel, in the village of Métula.

source

Les actionnaires de la société Metula News Agency S.A., incorporée aux Iles Vierges Britanniques ...

...L'assemblée générale ordinaire se tiendra tous les 15 juillet à Métula, en haute Galilée, soit le 16 juillet, les années où le 15 juillet est un samedi, un jour férié ou un jour durant lequel l'état d'urgence ("Malakh" ou équivalent) est proclamé en Israël.

Babelfish translation:
The shareholders of the company Metula News Agency S.A., incorporated in the British Virgin Islands ...

...The ordinary general assembly will be held every 15 July in Métula, into high Galileo, that is to say on July 16, the years when on July 15 is one Saturday, one public holiday or a day during which the emergency state ("Malakh" or equivalent) is proclaimed in Israel.

top topics

join