It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would the world be better place without the arms trade?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Hi this is my first thread/post please go easy on me.

The world is not a nice place and no situation can be viewed as simply black or white.
I accept that for the human race to survive and to progress conflict is a nasty necessity.

However I do feel that certain countries thrive on war profiteering more than others. I remember reading a while ago that the five permanent members of the UN Security Council are also the five largest suppliers of arms in the world. I would like to know other peoples views on the following.

If international laws were put in place to ensure that no country can sell munitions/weapon platforms to other countries. Would the world eventually become a safer place or worse of for it? Also what would the economic implications be for countries that are highly dependent on arms sales and conflict?

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I agree it would be a better place. All these third world countries would then not have all the high tech or well built weapons they use to kill each other with.

I think if you want all these advanced weapons, I feel your culture and society must be mature enough to handle them. People still living in stone age mentalities should only have access to stone age weapons.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
arms are things to protect your owns interests.if you can let go your interests,then there is no need for you to have arms.but,can you let go them?if not,please don't think further as it is unecessary.
human beings are greedy,that is why we have conflicts and disagreements all the time.and valence is a fast and ,seems like an effective way to solve these things.these is why we created so many arms.if we are no longer greedy,then we no longer need arms,there will be no market for them.

new topics

join