It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for a special AA battery.

page: 1

join
share:
apc

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Im on a hunt so if anyone has ever come across one lemme know...

I need a 3volt AA size rechargeable battery atleast 1500mAh.

Or, two 1/2AA size 1.5volt (1.2 is fine) rechargeables...

I can actually tolerate down to around 2.4volts, if that helps...

All Ive found so far have been lithium non-rechargeables, and rechargeables that are just a few mm too wide for what I need.

Anyone out there come across something that fits?

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Sounds like you need a NiMH. Try an electronics store, or try Batteries Plus.

apc

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Thanks but I went through them earlier today. Only 3Vs they have are throw aways

very odd... I find plenty of 3V nonrechargeables, and a few that are in a package a little larger than a AA, but I need a direct AA replacement. I may end up redesigning my project around the larger battery... its kinda a last resort option, but it may be required. That or do a major circuit redesign which I dont have the time for. sucks.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
That certainly does suck... I do business wth the store around here through work, and they claim to have every battery known to man. I'll be sure to complain about them lying now.

apc

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
the problem could be they dont exist, so they may yet be accurate in their claim.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Yeah, the only thing I'm finding are the camera batteries that are essentially two AA 1.5V rechargables sodlered together inside of fancy brand name plastic.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
Im on a hunt so if anyone has ever come across one lemme know...

I need a 3volt AA size rechargeable battery atleast 1500mAh.

Hmmm... It seems it would have been a special purpose battery, and most likely not an (AA) battery, except for the size.

Have you checked out battery mfgr's websites??

And do you know if that battery was ever even available as a single unit?

Some rechargeable batteries are nothing more really than multiple disc type abtteries in a protective sleeve. But to get the 1500mAH required, I'm not entirely sure, if that is what you might be referring to.

[edit on 8/10/2006 by Mechanic 32]

apc

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   
yeah it's becoming more apparent that there is no such battery and I am going to be doing some redesign. It's to drive a digital power supply and while I can get the proper voltages out of it with a single 1.5 (1.2-1.3)volt AA, my current requirements have gone up. And the supply needs an input voltage of no less than 2.4 to meet my current needs. Need something as close to 2000mAh as possible to keep a reasonable battery life.

Basically Im doing something that hasnt been done before, and its becoming apparent that battery technology hasnt caught up yet. Since I want something that the customer can purchase relatively easily, even if online, it's looking more and more like Im going to have to do some rework and squeeze in two AAAs. bah I need more coffee.

>
btw, thanks for looking Komrade Keen

[edit on 10-8-2006 by apc]

apc

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
welllll Ive ended up going with a different power supply. should work with any normal AA. was hoping to avoid a major circuit redesign... but eh... it'll work atleast.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Well, at least you're getting it worked out.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
In California we have the Fry's stores, which sell computers, computer parts, and software, among other things. I bought Lithium rechargeable AA batteries there for a decent price.

If the name Fry's does not ring a bell for your region, try your local computer supply stores.

top topics

join