It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ETs Don't Want Us To Know

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Recently, I was thinking about the question of extra-terrestrial life and I came up with the theory that maybe aliens exist, but they just don't want humanity to know about them at this time. I mean there have been all sorts of scattered reports of ufo sightings and abductions and supposed pictures of ufos, but never any widespread definitive revelation.

From the evidence I've seen it seems like ETs are way more technologically advanced than us, so I don't think the government has the power to conceal their existence. My feeling is if the ETs wanted us to know for sure that they existed and know all about them, they would let us know. Maybe for reasons beyond my understanding, a general belief in ETs held by a segment of the population is all that the ETs want right now. Any comments?

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
i agree, if they are more advanced than us, then they aren't showing themselves outright for a reason.

edit: even if we dont see it!

[edit on 8/8/2006 by evanostrand]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rock Lobster
My feeling is if the ETs wanted us to know for sure that they existed and know all about them, they would let us know.

In my opinion, the are letting us know; they know we're a population clever enough to know what we see in the sky's are not just natural phenomenon, they are letting us know they're here by all of these sightings and appearances, most of which defy many possible explanations..

[edit on 8-8-2006 by Metal Meltdown]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I think that they are showing themselves the best way they can...Considiring that our government and many other goverments are trying the hide the truth just as hard as they (ET's) are trying to show us the truth.

Other worldly beings are all around us. We just have to stop feeding into the hype. The government wants us to be scared of them or think that they are a figment of our over active imaginations for a reason. If we knew the truth, then the government would have to tell their people that they have been lying to them for decades.

I for one don't need the mass media or the government or anyone else to tell me what is true and untrue. We each were given our own brains for a reason. Use them...and excersise your right to be free.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Which is it then? The govement knows or they dont?

If an advanced race was visiting this planet, why would they get involved
with a highly corrupt bunch of people? Surely no contact would be the best bet.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod

Which is it then? The govement knows or they dont?

If an advanced race was visiting this planet, why would they get involved
with a highly corrupt bunch of people? Surely no contact would be the best bet.

Of course the government knows about this phenomenon, they've devoted sixty years of study to it, maybe more..Perhaps the aliens know we're idiots down here and they're waiting until WE get it right before they make a move..But one things for sure....They ARE here.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Maybe aliens are just using us for DNA and taking natural resources...and don't really care about humans if we live or die. Minus nuclear destruction, because that would destroy our DNA...Maybe it is really just simple.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
Maybe aliens are just using us for DNA and taking natural resources...and don't really care about humans if we live or die. Minus nuclear destruction, because that would destroy our DNA...Maybe it is really just simple.

I'm with you on the DNA part, but I've heard a theory on that and it goes as follows..They are using us for our DNA but only to slowly but surely introduce it into their own physical make up and anatomy, therefore making them immune to our enveironment down here(the common cold etc) for when they see fit to interact with us on a physical level. I think its highly plausible that abductions could be for that reason...

Otherwise, why would they have to study our physicallity and biology for SO many years??

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Otherwise, why would they have to study our physicallity and biology for SO many years??

I doubt they are studying us at all. I have even heard the theory that they may be ourselves in the future. And that we screwed up our DNA. That could be possible...

I just don't believe in the fluffy bunny aliens people talk about is all.

I think aliens are the ones who made us...well who genetically engineered a species [neanderthals??] with their own DNA. That is why we are so smart, yet are mentally still like animals. Literally...

Isn't evolution supposed to take millions of years? Yet humans have changed so much in tens of thousands of years?

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hermione
I think that they are showing themselves the best way they can...Considiring that our government and many other goverments are trying the hide the truth just as hard as they (ET's) are trying to show us the truth.

If the ET's wanted us to know they're here there wouldn't be any ambiguity about it - we would know. It really wouldn't be that difficult - just land one of their crafts in any highly populated area and wander out to say "Hi" to the locals. The news cameras would be there in seconds.

It seems fairly clear that the ET's are either assisting the government in covering-up their existence or are engaged in a cover-up of their own. I think the real question is why does the government cover-up their existence?

I guess no government wants to conceed that we are not in control of our own airspace - it would undermine their authority, and may cause panic. If as many believe there has been contact between world leaders and ET's I find the cover-up to be more disturbing - are the ET's calling the shots, and we have no choice but to comply?

[edit on 8-8-2006 by sonicology]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

I doubt they are studying us at all. I have even heard the theory that they may be ourselves in the future. And that we screwed up our DNA. That could be possible...

I just don't believe in the fluffy bunny aliens people talk about is all.

I think aliens are the ones who made us...well who genetically engineered a species [neanderthals??] with their own DNA. That is why we are so smart, yet are mentally still like animals. Literally...

Isn't evolution supposed to take millions of years? Yet humans have changed so much in tens of thousands of years?

Yes I'll grant you that about evolution and them being from OUR future..But just because people talk about "Fluffy Bunny aliens" does not make them fake..Hype or no hype, I think theres something to that..And in my honest opinion we are being visited and monitered until they feel we can are fit to be welcomed into a space programme of some sort..(Which won't be any time soon if the world continues on the way it has been)

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Metal MeltdownAnd in my honest opinion we are being visited and monitered until they feel we can are fit to be welcomed into a space programme of some sort..(Which won't be any time soon if the world continues on the way it has been)

And what do you think would happen if we developed this space programme technology on our own before the ET's decide we are mature enough to have it?...

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It is conceivable that they are "us" in the future. I doubt seriously we grew from an ameobic state to where we are now. I also believe they are more afraid of us than we are of them. They might have sophisticated weapons and systems, but they are biological entities and I believe they are fragile in our environment.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hermione

I don't think that's the most likely scenario. Granted, it would explain why there are ufo sightings here and there, but I think if the aliens really wanted humanity as a whole to know for sure that they existed they could accomplish that easily. All the information about extra-terrestrials points to them being far more technologically advanced than us. Just the fact that they are able to fly a craft to earth shows that they are way ahead of us with regard to space travel. In my opinion it just seems unlikely that the world governments would have enough power to cover them up unless the extra-terrestrials wanted it that way.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The truth is here,for those that seek it! plus you have internet access? do not give up if you truely want the answers

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I think this issue is simple: thay have their own agenda and that's all. To reveal or not to reveal to us must depend exclusively of that agenda. I think it's logical and adequate to all reports available showing their behavior.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackHill
I think this issue is simple: thay have their own agenda and that's all. To reveal or not to reveal to us must depend exclusively of that agenda. I think it's logical and adequate to all reports available showing their behavior.

That's basically what I was thinking. Maybe they are revealing themselves little by little and eventually we'll reach a point of "full disclosure". Of course that's just speculation, but I would hope that eventually (assuming ETs are real of course) humanity will reach that point. As you mentioned though, they most likely have their own agenda and I for one have no idea what it is.

top topics

join