It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ceptum - What do you think of my small movie?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Hi guys,

What do you think of it?

media.putfile.com...

You can spread it around if you liked it.
You can download it here:

rapidshare.de...

Any suggestions for my next movie?

Thank you

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It was a bit tiresome. There was no real substance too it, just a bunch of pictures of dragons. I don't think anyone is going to really be all that interested in bush doing the 'rock and roll' sign or any other politician doing it. The quotes were suggestive, but, taken out of context, serve no real purpose other than to scare people, along with the 'growling monster sound.

Then it just ends with adds for a bunch of websites.

Again, not terribly interesting and rather pedestrian.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindoki

What do you think of it?

Any suggestions for my next movie?

Thank you

Okay kindoki,

You've joined ATS as of yesterday, and today you put forth this "video" requesting a response from the Community.

M'kay, and I see Nygdan has already posted his/her comments thus far.

Personally, I'm inclined to agree as to what/where you're going with this. ?!

New World Order, Aliens/Reptilians, etc. ? Or, perhaps, a concerted effort throughout the sands of time to dominate/control the World. ?!

A little clarity, or supposition on your part, would greatly enhance the potential for open and civil discussion. no?

Just my thoughts.

$.02

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Hi,

Thank you for your honest replies.
It was not my objective, when I made this, to make a "thesis", or a documentary or something more elaborate.
The objective of this small movie is to work like an add, to make people interested into what is known as "conspiracy theories".
I tried to use a technique used a lot in advertising which is the association of images. I tried to show some connection between the images/symbolism. When people begin the see patterns emerging from what was previously considered "chaos", they begin to form ideas in their minds, they start to ask questions. If there really is a connection between these images and quotes is of no importance (I think there is), if the movie works in making a person curious, so that she can latter do some research on her own, then the objective is achieved.

One of the reasons I posted it here was to get your honest opinion, which you so far have done. And also to know your thoughts on what should be made to make this better, considering the main purpose of the movie.

Originally posted by Nygdan
It was a bit tiresome. There was no real substance too it, just a bunch of pictures of dragons. I don't think anyone is going to really be all that interested in bush doing the 'rock and roll' sign or any other politician doing it. The quotes were suggestive, but, taken out of context, serve no real purpose other than to scare people, along with the 'growling monster sound.

Then it just ends with adds for a bunch of websites.

Again, not terribly interesting and rather pedestrian.

The fact that you find the movie of "no real substance" may be explained by what I just wrote above, along with the "out of context quotes".

Some people have said that they find the music to be too "scary", also others have enjoyed it. But perhaps I should use something less heavy, it basically contributes to scare people away rather then encouraging them into doing some research. That will be fixed.

The sites I added in the end were sites that I used in the beginning to inform myself, and some of them I still check regularly. Any suggestions into what websites I should add?

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

Okay kindoki,

You've joined ATS as of yesterday, and today you put forth this "video" requesting a response from the Community.

M'kay, and I see Nygdan has already posted his/her comments thus far.

Personally, I'm inclined to agree as to what/where you're going with this. ?!

New World Order, Aliens/Reptilians, etc. ? Or, perhaps, a concerted effort throughout the sands of time to dominate/control the World. ?!

A little clarity, or supposition on your part, would greatly enhance the potential for open and civil discussion. no?

Just my thoughts.

Consider this to be something that resumes all "conspiracy theories". It's an add to "conspiracy theories". Like a trailer or something.

I have my theories on to what the "conspiracy" is all about but the point of this small movie is not to explain them, cause I just might be wrong and would be distorting pure information.
This movie is about encouraging people into doing some research, about presenting some "pure" information, and not reaching any conclusion.

Initially I had the idea that making a rather "scary" type of presentation, would cause in people some shock, resulting in somekind of urge on people to inform themselves urgently. I am now convinced that it doesn't work. Maybe I should choose the path of "humor" or something more visually engaging, with eye-candy visuals.

I am open to suggestions. I'm no expert in symbolism or in "conspiracy theories". Basicly I am aware and 100% sure we're being #ed, and lied to, and that people need to know about it.
I have some minor technical skills, which I can use to try to spread information. If we all work together using the available resources each one of us have, maybe we can achieve something.

Maybe I'm just romanticizing too much! :br

[edit on 7-8-2006 by kindoki]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I'm just not sure why anyone would be too interested in a commercial. I like the editing and directing of the material, its a good production. I'd like to see skills like that used to create some informative peices, in addition to this commercial.

I can, of course, see the use in dabbling with the software and creating this peice. For what it is, essentially a commericial for some good conspiracy websites, it seems to serve its purpose. YOu might want to include the names of the sites in the 'comments' of the putfile page, so that people can reference them more easily.

new topics

top topics

join