It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqis threaten ROK citizens,ROK sending more troops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   
www.hankooki.com...

www.commondreams.org...

Most of the threads on korea were about n.korea, so i wanted to change the subject to south korea for a change.

So what do you think of the articles? Would it help the situation in iraq or make things worse, do you believe the u.s. bribed the nations to go, etc? Anything really.

[Edited on 30-10-2003 by gooking]

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   
My first link won't work. Can I fix it?

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 04:03 PM
link   
If you ever want to change your post you can use the edit button on the upper right hand corner of your own post.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Well it is going to happen by hook or by crook.

The US can twist arms to make people do this.

The other issue is the help that US offers to so many countries around the world and how it protects so many countries. Those countries are obligated to help the US in my opinion.

I noticed an interesting development in Canada the other day. We bought a good amount of light armoured hardware that is supposed to replace many of our aging tanks on a production run with the US. A good portion of this equipment is made in Canada anyways.

The goal being to bolster present and upcoming operations as said by the federal government.

Sounds like a lot more peace keeping missions in places that are hostile to me.

Look for it in your neighbourhood.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I've tried to edit it but there wan't any error in the address. And when i clicked on the link the error page said "page is gone", but i could go back to the same page on my normal search engine.

[Edited on 30-10-2003 by gooking]

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Yep, many countries are nowing focusing the military towards peacekeeping, changing from a bulky behemoth to a more rapid reaction force, so they coudl get to a hot spot quikly.

On opinions on south korea...

The u.s. could bribe them like they did in vietnam (they also bribed the phillipines, and thailands to fight too), however the u.s. compensated the phillpino and thai soldiers who suffered from agent orange but they didn't conpensate the south korean veterans who suffered despite the fact that they were the best soldiers fighting for the u.s. If the u.s. is going to bribe nations again they would have to be mindful of south koreans and give them equal treatment like every other lackeys.

btw the south korean marines in vietnam had the highest kill ratio of any soldier in the world and they also weren't compensated, i wonder why?

[Edited on 2-11-2003 by gooking]

top topics

join