It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could you make someone vanish with cryonics?

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Tonight i have been watching a documentary on cryonics. The programme followed a cancer patient on her journey through the cryo proccess with a company in the US.

What was made very clear was that as soon as the client/patient was declared clinicaly dead, time was paramount to the effectiveness of the croyonics proceedure. When the patient was close to death, the cryonics company were informed and were on standby to whisk the body away.

Now maybe someone here knows more on this subject and therefore may be able to answer my question in a sentence. I looked at the website of the cryonics company in question and could not see any reference to having to wait until a post mortem had been carried out. Maybe i missed that part? From what i saw on this programme and from what i read on the cryonics sites, a lengthy wait for a post mortem would not be ideal for cryonics proceedures to work effectively.

So my question is firstly "do you still have a post mortem when you elect to be cryonicaly frozen?". If the answer to this is yes, then i have little need to ask the question in the title of this thread. If the answer is "no" though, that makes me wonder if someone could neatly "bump off" a person, having previously arranged for them to be whisked away by the cryo team? "Sorry, no time to see how this guy died, we have to get them in the fridge pronto!" kind of thing?

Just a thought.

CX.

[edit on 3/8/06 by CX]

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Typically a terminal patient who is under physician's care will not have a post mortem when they expire, as the cause of death is already known. A post mortem (autopsy) will leave the body in a condition that would prevent any hope of rejuvenation short of cloning; So the time element is irrelevant. I'm skeptical of the process for the deceased... For the living, that's another matter, and a whole lot bigger can of worms.

Fry Monkeys, not just for waking up a 1,000 years in the future anymore...

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
As Mirthful stated, there is no autopsy performed in a typical terminal, physician monitored death. I worked with a medical examiner as an undergraduate in Italy, and all we ever did with those types of deaths is do a quick eternal examination and take two vials of blood to be frozen should toxicology or other cultures be needed in the future.

Mariella

join