It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO photo analysis soon on a computer near you!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Microsoft will be releasing software to take 2D pictures and merge them into a 3d environment. This software should be easy to use and should make analysing sets of UFO pictures taken of the same object from multiple positions, much more fruitful.

2D pictures to 3d Model

Enkidu, this software would handle the stereoscopic case you worked on a little whilte ago. Longhairedcowboy, this software would help identify the distance to objects in photosets, but more importantly, should be simple enough to use that anyone could tell if a UFO was a hat on a string or a glare on a pane of glass. Should help cut down the noise.

This was the kind of software I was thinking about writing, glad I didn't bother now as Micro is at it!

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
yea but i bet it cost like 600 dollors. software like that isnt exactly easy to make

and you would need multiple pictures to turn it 3d. 1 picture wont do anything

[edit on 2-8-2006 by DalairTheGreat]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I saw this on BBC news earlier, it looks like a very cool new piece of technology which will transform the way we take and look at pictures. I could see this having great effect on the gaming industry and if there was ever a good time to buy stocks in Nvidia and ATI it's now. Because if this application kicks off like I think it will, everyone and their dog will be wanting to use it and their crappy integrated graphics card in their PC will probably break down and cry with the amount of polygons that are being shifted about.

But yea, regarding UFOs, you could do cool stuff like take existing videos and break them down into frames and feed the frames into the program and see what a 3d model might look like. Should be fun.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Its true, the M$ version might be $600 dollars. But I wonder how much the Google version will cost? Or the Version from ZooperMedia Inc?

It is also true that one picture will never be enough to get additional information.

So that is the point, people. When you see a UFO:

RUN AROUND, GET ON A BIKE, GET IN A CAR, AND TAKE MULTIPLE PICTURES FROM VERY DIFFERENT VANTAGE PONTS.

DO NOT STAND THERE AND POINT.

That is the key message.

Personally, I think we see sequences of images here at least once a weak that could be subject to this kind of analysis so long as they are not entirely at the horizon point.

jra

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Here´s a program that you can get for free that can take one image and make it into 3d. www.hiptechblog.com...
www.cs.cmu.edu...

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
That's a cool program, jra. The difference is that it is making assumptions about distances, etc, based on the way vertical objects usually stand against a horizon line. (See the train example on their web page.)

Very cool, and could also be useful in analyzing UFO pictures. Just keep in mind that the latter is just making 3d photos by using assumptions of scene construction,

while the 5 photograph tecnnique can be proven to reproduce real 3d informaiton from a set of 5 2d pictures.

I hope that some day soon we can put together a reference collection of tools for the discerning UFOlogist to apply in analyzing photos.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ectoterrestrial

where should I post this photo of a possible UFO or probe or spirit or whatever . . .

(C) Ditter 2010 of

www.freerepublic.com...

[used by written permission] who would also like it analyzed.

It was taken automatically by their game camera South of Houston, TX:

here's the link where the photo can be seen on FR at post 1018:

www.freerepublic.com...

And trying again with the link to the photobucket url:

i37.photobucket.com..." border="0" alt="DITTER AUTO CAM DEER TRIGGERED UFO SHOT

edit on 18/10/2010 by BO XIAN because: to put the link to the photo on FR

edit on 18/10/2010 by BO XIAN because: to take out the url stuff that didn't work

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
You can already do this using Maya or Max, but you have to know how.
Doubting this will work very well.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial
This software should be easy to use and should make analysing sets of UFO pictures taken of the same object from multiple positions, much more fruitful.

It would be nice if more UFOs were cooperative enough to allow us to take multiple photos of them from different positions. I occasionally like to see if I can make decent stereo pairs from available images, including separate frames from videos where the camera moves laterally and the object stays relatively still.

One of the first requirements for me to take a UFO photo seriously is for it to be photographed or video recorded from multiple positions simultaneously by different non-anonymous witnesses. Otherwise, it's nothing but a curiosity for me, and nothing approaching "proof" of any kind.

new topics

top topics

join